steering wheel swap thread?

stabworthy

I also looked for just that same thing last year, gave up after six weeks of searching the internet and ordered a Grant with an installation kit. No auto-signal cancelling. I thought about trying to replicate the cancel ring but just went with "whatever"!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found a thing on Nissan nut , about cutting the ring out the oem wheel and epoxy it to... the hub? Dunno I will go at it more when I get home.

I thought that was the case with the auto cancel, but I wanted to see if cruise and maybe horn or other stuff and thangs had contacts on the mix back there.

What do you mean turn signal reset? Are you referring to when you turn the wheel back after making a turn and the signal light goes out?

If you swap the steering wheel for another Nissan wheel, as long as the rear matches the original one it should work normal. IF you have a problem with the turn signals turning off it may not be the steering wheel.

The 2 "tits" that cancel the turn signal are part of the rear cover of the steering wheel, they are not part of anything that bolts to the steering wheel, see my pic below, this is a 94ish steering wheel (stock):

11jywjp.jpg

with the horn/cruise ring installed:

1zzqdnc.jpg

The aftermarket adapters I have used in the past have always had the "tits" to cancel the turn signal, I have use wheels from Lecarra and MOMO, still have both hubs, don't see why the grant adapter wouldn't have them.

here is the Momo adapter:

14y35hx.jpg

11jywjp.jpg

with the horn/cruise ring installed:

1zzqdnc.jpg

That's what I remember seeing. So basically to keep my cruise control horn and signal reset. I have to find a way to attach that ring