Weird, random poll, ALL R50 Owners please contribute...

9 members have voted

1. 1. READ POST FIRST!!!!

READ THIS FIRST!!!!

Alright, so i'm currently in the process of wiring up my 96' with 01 window controls, so ill have auto up and down, for both driver and passenger....

During my wiring nightmare i have created for myself i noticed that my 2001 FSM does not show the kouki R50 pathfinder having a passenger door, key cylinder. Which i found really weird, but also makes sense, i can remember only one instance where i used my key to get into the car from that passenger side, it was to see if the key and cylinder worked. So pretty much, its never used, especially since i went keyless.

What i found even stranger, was when i Googled "2001 Nissan Pathfinder" in images, i found some kouki models with a cylinder, and some without, which i straight up, do not get.

HERE IS THE QUESTION FOR THE POLL

Does your updated (kouki) model R50 have a passenger door, key cylinder? IF SO, what year is your pathfinder?

This is basically a curiosity poll, but still would like to see if there is some reasoning as to why. i.e. differences in sub models or packages...

Thank you all for humoring me in this strange conundrum.

-Kyle

I have a pre-facelift 99 so I can't really help your poll... I didn't even realize there was a key cylinder on mine :laugh:

However, from google images, all the "2001's" that have one look like they may be 2000 models being mislabelled.
Either way, definitely none from 2002 onward, so my guess is 2001 it was changed, but it could be a 2001.5 change as well...

2001 SE. Build date 7/00. No passenger door lock cyl. Wish mine had one as my keyless has not worked in years. I still have the key fobs they might just need batteries but I think it's more like worn out buttons. Also went through a rough time with the keys breaking off my key rings so I had to mod my drivers keys both look like this now. c4c4e00e521120add012fc5454c32b63.jpg

2002 SE, no passenger side cylinder.

CNAM, regarding your keyless, I've seen a lot of auto parts stores now carrying fobs which when coded should work. Otherwise the dealer should be able to help.

• Like 1

CNAM, regarding your keyless, I've seen a lot of auto parts stores now carrying fobs which when coded should work. Otherwise the dealer should be able to help.

I'd try replacing the battery and cleaning the contact pads on the circuit board and the back of the rubber button pads with some isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips first.

• Like 1

96 Pre facelift here, so no help.

However when my driver side door handle broke off leaving work one night when it was really cold outside, i was thankful for the passenger side key cylinder. ;P