Airlift and spacers?

01Pathmaker

Searched and didn't come up with any definitive answers, so here goes: Can the AirLift 1000 kit be used with 4x4designs 1" spacers? It's either this or I go with AC medium duty rear springs and 1" spacers up front. I occasionally tow a trailer and my current oem springs are shot. Would like to hang on to the stock ride when not towing.

Searched and didn't come up with any definitive answers, so here goes: Can the AirLift 1000 kit be used with 4x4designs 1" spacers? It's either this or I go with AC medium duty rear springs and 1" spacers up front. I occasionally tow a trailer and my current oem springs are shot. Would like to hang on to the stock ride when not towing.

I dont see why they wouldn't work, they will be sitting in the spring the exact same way as they would if the spring wasn't sitting on a 1" spacer. I used to have them, but now that I have 2" AC springs they are not tall enough to do anything, basically they act as bump stops now.

My other question revolves around the Moog oem replacement springs. 96 calls for 81113, 01 calls for 81115. Are they different rates? All "lift" springs are listed for 96-04, can't seem to find specs on these anywhere. I'd like to go with whichever has better weight carrying capabilities.

The spacer will have to have a small relief in it and a thru hole for the air lin, but yes if it is solid other than that, then the airlift 'bags' should work fine.

I suspect the reason for the different spring numbers is because they went with a more powerful motor in 2001 which would increase the towing capacity, so maybe the later version has a slightly stiffer spring rate to increase tongue weight capacity as well? Just speculation...

B

• 3 years later...

Reviving this topic:

Anyone using Airlift with Fluery's 2" kit in the rear?

My theory is that the Airlift won't work because the spacer increases the gap between the bottom 'raised' seat and the top portion, (where the bumpstop was originally mounted)

Anyone else have experience with this?

Yes they work together. I ran the airlift 1000 with 2.5 inch spacers in the rear. The airlift kit calls for removing the bump stops in stock application. With the spacers, youll need to leave the bump stop in place and the bump stop will fill the extra space from the lift and still allow the air bags to work by resting on the bump stop. I had to trim about an inch off the bottom of the bump stop to get the right length to match up with the air bags.