Newbie from Tennessee

cmathews23

Hello gang! Just joined today and have a '01 Pathfinder SE with 177k miles on it. Have had it for almost 3 years in great condition and now with a fresh new paint job. Wife got hit by a deer a couple weeks ago and was able to pocket some insurance money and used it to just repaint the whole truck. No real modifications yet, pretty much just a daily driver. Have replaced the corner lights with clear corners, bought a pair of Eagle Eye headlights off Amazon for $52 w/ shipping for the pair and it's had a complete tune up and new tires in the last 20k miles. So it's in great shape and plan on keeping it for a LONG time.

Couple things I am planning/wanting to do is replace the stock wheels with the 02-04 Xterra supercharged wheels and have also thought about replacing the grille with one off of a 03-04 Pathfinder. Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

:welcome:

Howdy! Nice to have a fellow Tennessean around.

I think the grille upgrade would look good - and should be pretty simple.

It may be a bit inconvenient for you, but Express Pull'N'Save in La Vergne has a couple 40 foot trailers full of wheels. And they usually have a few face-lifted R50s in the yard. You can check their website for inventory,

:welcome:

Howdy! Nice to have a fellow Tennessean around.

I think the grille upgrade would look good - and should be pretty simple.

It may be a bit inconvenient for you, but Express Pull'N'Save in La Vergne has a couple 40 foot trailers full of wheels. And they usually have a few face-lifted R50s in the yard. You can check their website for inventory,

Awesome. I've never heard of them but will definitely check them out.

As far as the grille goes, only ones I've found have chrome trim around it and as you can see, there's hardly any chrome on mine.

Nice r50, I really like the color, I also have a 2001, our grills look better than the newer ones, you should keep it haha

I like the one I have but to me, it's just kinda plain. I like the '03-'04 better. But it's not on the have to have list.

Wheels on the other hand might be a different story. Will probably have to wait till I can buy the wife the Rogue she wants which won't be for another year probably.

But thanks for the kind words guys. Looking forward to enjoying this forum.