Rough start and blueish smoke

Bubbley11

Before I dig and waste money, I want opinions. It's cold but my car started really rough, but ran fine at idle. After it warmed, I tried to drive it. When I pushed on the gas the revs drop crazy fast and it dies. I can pushed very slow to climb in the revs but when pushed fast or normally it dies. I can't seem to recall what blue smoke means, IIRC it means rich. But the exhaust had a very slight blue hue to it.

So after my info, what do you guys think?

Blue smoke is oil. Black smoke is running rich. A dirty MAF makes the car run lean (at least it did on my friend's Buick).

Dying when you open the throttle sounds like a fuel issue to me, like it can't keep up with the demand and leans out until it dies. +1 on the fuel filter if you haven't done it yet. I guess it could also be the pump or the regulator. Actually, have a look at the vacuum line going from the back of the intake to the regulator, that thing was hard as a rock when I changed it on mine and I'll bet it would give you all kinds of trouble if it broke off.

I can't really say it's back or blue but it has a color. It smells rich which is most likely the problem, I'll pick up a filter and MAF cleaner today.

Edited by Bubbley11

Test the output of the temperature sensor with a multi meter, and then wiggle the wires/connectors for the MAF, TPS, temp sensor, etc with the engine running and see if something changes. I'll bet it is feed back sensor related.

B

I went and sprayed the TB, MAF and changed the FF. I also realized I'm missing those little metal clips of many of the plugs out there. Like on the Temp sensor. So I need to get for fab some.