Running Rough and Hesitating

jojoinVV80

hello guys, new member here. i have an issue with my 94, its running kind of rough, as if it is hesitating when im driving it. ive changed the plug, thinking it might be that, but the same thing happens. replaced the pcv valve, nothing. plug wires look good, almost new. ive cleaned the MAF sensor, nothing changed either. any suggestions on what to do next? thanks in advance. oh and did i mention the gas milage sucks :thumbsdown:

Edited by jojoinVV80

Always check codes first, it's the easiest way to get a general idea of what's going on. Let the sensors do the work for you. :).

Also, check engine grounds and also wiggle/service all of the engine sensor harness plug points. It's pretty common for the pins inside the plugs to loosen and cause issues. Pretty easy to pull the harness plugs one by one and tighten the pins with a little pick or electronics common screw driver. Good ones to check are coolant temp sensor, maf sensor, throttle position sensor.

You can put the ecu in a diagnostics mode thst will check your o2 sensor condition as well. There are instructions in the garage section.

Post back with results of the ecu code check!

Edited by Nefarious

plug wires "looking good, almost new" means crap, they are new or you don't know how old they are,

Check codes, replace the fuel filter if you don't know when it was done last, the truck is 20 years old, replace ALL the vacuum lines, they don't last forever, they may look good but it's the one small slit or crack you can't see that messes it up, just replace one at a time, you did the plugs? hopefully you used regular NGK plugs, I would suggest OEM or NGK wires.

O2 sensor, clean the throttle body, make sure the edge of the TB where the butterfly makes contact is clean, run some fuel injector cleaner in the gas.

• 3 weeks later...