Radio/clock resetting...

dkpath96

I recently entered the world of R51 ownership, after 12 years of driving the R50.

My family is growing, and 3rd row seating was a priority. We got a 2011 SV.

On the way home, I set the radio presets and adjusted the clock. When we stopped for dinner that night, we climbed back in and started down the road, then noticed that the presets were gone and the clock was wrong.

No matter how many times I set these, they get reset to factory after turning off the vehicle.

I checked the battery storage fuse/switch to make sure it was not in "storage" mode. Beyond that, I have no ideas. Anyone have suggestions before I return to the dealership next week?

Mine actually did the same thing last week. Turned the key and all the warning lights were dim, turned key off then restarted. I noticed the clock went back to 1:00 and my stereo went to it's funky demo mode, which happens when the battery cable gets removed. I tightened the negative cable and it's been good since then.

I cleaned and tightened the neg cable tonight. I can still get the cable to turn a little even with the clamp screwed on to its max. In other words, I can't get it super tight.

But, for the first time, the clock and radio presets were remembered, at least for a few minutes. It seems to forget them when I start the vehicle.

Could it be that when I start the vehicle, the battery shakes a little and loses connection just enough to reset stuff? This seems absurdly improbable to me, but I can't think of any other way with the evidence I now have.