Which oil filter do you use for your r50?

For my 04 platinum LE I use a Bosch distance plus oil filter 3300 and penzoil 5w30 conventional oil. I change ever 3k.

I've had great success using penzoil and Bosch/Purolator aftermarket oil filters for my old 98 black pathy which had 230,000 when I got rid of her.

I use Mobil one full synthetic because I can get a sweet deal on it from Costco, and then head over to my auto parts store and pick up a Mobil one filter.

I've had the super nice rain-x blades (the ones that comes with a packet of rain-x) for threes years with no issues. I love um. They are on the spendy side but should last a real long time!

-Kyle

• Like 1

x2. I do the EXACT same thing as ferrari. The only sucky thing is that I can't find rain-x in 11" for my rear but whateveer I got a cheap one because the previous owner put a 13" on it that kept hitting the handle....

Same oil and same filter until last oil change though. I used Castrol full synth. and Fram Ultra Synth filter. I used Mobil 1 but I REALLY hate the fact they don't have a rubberized grip on the bottom for easy removal.

I get whatever oil is on sale at Canadian Tire. Mobil 1, Castrol or Pennzoil. Always 5w20, full synthetic.

I've always used Purolator or Bosch filters (occasionally Napa Gold which is made by Wix, or mobil1) because they have high quality elements and the internals are all metal. Several of the major name brand filters actually use glued on coated cardboard for internal end caps, probably not all that big of a deal for these applications, especially when properly maintained, but I like the stronger construction for peace of mind.

Quaint~ Purolator pure one filters also have a nice textured gripping surface.

yeah, i might switch to purolator, i'm just too lazy to order it a head of time. I usually buy the oil when its on sale (which i should have done today. DANGIT!! :headwall: ). Then i throw it on the oil shelf, and when i have a free Sunday, i run down to the parts store and get a filter and just do it. :laugh:

Also, side note on the rear wiper, i would suggest getting an OEM rear wiper. While others have admitted, its hard to get one so small. I have bought ANCO and other cheap brands (due to the fact they actually have them available) but they suck, and really don't work all that well. Plus OEM is cheap, i think Rob quoted me like $13 or so bucks if i'm remembering correctly.

-Kyle

x2. I do the EXACT same thing as ferrari. The only sucky thing is that I can't find rain-x in 11" for my rear but whateveer I got a cheap one because the previous owner put a 13" on it that kept hitting the handle....

Same oil and same filter until last oil change though. I used Castrol full synth. and Fram Ultra Synth filter. I used Mobil 1 but I REALLY hate the fact they don't have a rubberized grip on the bottom for easy removal.

I get whatever oil is on sale at Canadian Tire. Mobil 1, Castrol or Pennzoil. Always 5w20, full synthetic.

Curious, why 5w20?

I had a System 1 cleanable, reuseable oil filter on my old race buggy. I loved the fact that I could see what the filter caught at each oil change. I might have to see if they are still available, that was years ago. I am jumping on the bandwagon for the Frams with the rubber dipped grip, for now.

I've only dissected 2 frams (regular orange one and a tough gard), both the element in the tough gard was definitely better than the orange, but both had coated cardboard end caps. Can't speak for the ultra synth, as I've never even seen one.