Anyone recently change to Warn hubs?

troutfinder

I recently purchased WARN premium hubs and have read statikuz install thread. His write up is great but i was wondering if we need to use ANY of those parts shown in pics (snap ring etc.), or remove all up to lock washer with holes and install Warn as is? Warn instructions dont show squat. Also, should there be any play allowance in cv axle inside hub? I have some movement.

Thanks in advance

It has been a little while, but yes, IIRC you remove everything down to the bearing lock nut, then either slide the guts out of the Warn hubs, slip it on the CV spline, replace the snap ring in the outer groove, and slide the hub body back over the guts, OR slide the entire Warn assembly onto the CV spline and replace the snap ring in the outermost groove. Either way, everything is removed from the stock assembly and the snap ring must be reinstalled in the outer most groove once the manual hubs have been installed.

What do you mean by play allowance?

B

I actually just did mine a few months ago, and I agree with the included instructions being worthless. I don't know that you can take the guts out of it, but you can take the cap off (6 hex bolts hold it on and there should be a gasket also).

You do have to take out all the factory guts up to the bearing lock nut or the Warn hub won't fit. Not sure if it is necessary but I did put the snap ring back in after I put the Warn main section on. Then put the cap on it. Mine works great so far.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of it before I put the cap on. Sorry about that.

OK thanks, I'll put snap ring in and give it a go when we get time. Thanks.

By "play allowance" I was wondering if CV axle is supposed to have movement (be able to wiggle) a little bit after guts of auto hub are out or should it be stiff?