CODE 51 Fuel Injectors

krmiller07

I am currently dealing with the problem of not having the #2 injector firing or squirting after having both of them rebuilt by GB Manufacturing in Long Beach, CA. The injector tech told me all rebuilt or remanufactured injectors are bench tested for spray pattern and OEM volume.

The tech that diagnosed this repair was trying to determine why my VG30 was going into 'fail safe' mode and limiting the RPM's to 2800-3000 PRM's before the truck started 'bucking' and jolting until the rpm's dropped below 3000 RPM. (CODE 51) from the ECU.

He says he has a signal to the injector from the ECU, but the injector wont fire.

Has anyone else encountered this? Could the TPS cause the problem. Also what is the correct procedure for clearing the fault codes from the ECU?

I'm just throwing possibilities out there to see if anyone else has encountered this. Been working on it for 2 weeks and growing frustrated, as the problem started all of a sudden. Otherwise the truck runs and warms up normally until 3000 RPM is reached and 'Fail Safe' kicks in!

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I posted this topic under Username 'tico70' due to the fact I couldn't reset my password.

If anyone could refer to that topic under the USER NAME 'tico70' it would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thanks again,

krmiller07

I merged them for you.

The proceedure to check/clear the ECU codes are well documented and easy to find in the Garage/How To section.

There is someone else with a non-firing injector issue, so hopefully these will get prompt attention. I know people have been through this before but I don't know the answer myself.

I believe MY1PATH has dealt with it, for one...

B

Edited by RedPath88
added quote
  • Like 1

I posted this topic under Username 'tico70' due to the fact I couldn't reset my password.

If anyone could refer to that topic under the USER NAME 'tico70' it would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thanks again,

krmiller07

I merged the "tico70" account into your original and removed the quoted post. In the future if you have a problem resetting your password please contact us sooner and before you create a new account, so we can manually reset the account password for you. :aok:

• 3 months later...

I also had the #2 mis fire, not fire, and an indicate a fire with no fuel release . I solution ed that the wiring harness was at issue and spent the money on a factory harness and most of a Saturday afternoon switching it out. Works great now. Solid. Tight. And happy!