redneck PVC rollbar

ahardb0dy

Few are actually "roll bars" (frame mounted) the vast majority of all bars are merely "Light Bars" or there for nothing more than looks... and regarding the PVC one, I can only assume he got the look he was looking for.

Maybe its for carrying timber/pipe.

This.

I'll bet 10:1 that this set up is a poor man's lumber rack, especially with the bow in the middle. That whole set up is so he can put ends in the bed against the tail gate, and keep the front from touching/riding on the cab. Might be hokey, but probably works for the little use it sees and keeps the rest of the bed free.

There have been times I'd have use of something like that, 6 12' 4x4s and 2 sheets of 1/2 plywood was about all the pathy could handle.

Cast no stones before you have owned a home and needed materials... ;)

B

That is true, there's a rental property owner here with a ranger that made his own bar from gas meter looking pipe that he uses to tie appliances to so they don't smash against the back window. Just bolted to the bed floor (like the average 'roll bar'). He's due for some tires, I'll get pics of it whenever he drops it off.