Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
yVT0CVL.jpg

Never ended up actually posting my E-Fan swap besides some info on another post. If I had to do it again, dual 12" not 10.

Exactly what was the reason. I’m not trying to sound like a jerk just curious what’s the benefit of it having an electric fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Mrelcocko said:

Exactly what was the reason. I’m not trying to sound like a jerk just curious what’s the benefit of it having an electric fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was mostly after the throttle response. I have the 5spd and shifting felt way too slow. Dropping the fan woke it right up, shifting and throttle blips are super fast. 5th doesn't feel nearly as held back on the highway, and it brought my throttle usage down from 7-10% to about 4-6 doing 60KM (blue driver results). My overall milage has been crushed due to a growing vacuum leak which isn't really helping me estimate that, but it has been a lot more consitant with Efans. 

edit: The side benefit is being able to swap all my belts in about 5 minutes, and my whole fan/shroud setup can be removed with the rad as one unit.

Edited by Strato_54
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Mrelcocko said:

Thank you. I’ve enjoyed every minute with her. A lot of elbow grease, time and money, but she’s been well worth it.

I'm curious, my pathfinder has a similar amount of miles, have you replaced the wheel bearings and control arm bushings? I have replaced my trailing arms, shocks, and upper control arms (I believe, again I am new to this) in the rear, but I am starting to grow conscious of the fact that it may be time to do all of that stuff to the front suspension.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tobin_r50 said:

Nice truck! What kind of hubs are those up front?

Thanks!

The hubs are RugedRidge.. Big mistake getting those, one just went bust. Popped it open thinking it was the bearing, just to realize that they DONT have a bearing.

I'm on the hunt for WARN ones, do you know if they do use bearings?

9 hours ago, tobin_r50 said:

I'm curious, my pathfinder has a similar amount of miles, have you replaced the wheel bearings and control arm bushings? I have replaced my trailing arms, shocks, and upper control arms (I believe, again I am new to this) in the rear, but I am starting to grow conscious of the fact that it may be time to do all of that stuff to the front suspension.

I replaced my entire front suspension. Also replaced both axels. I didn’t replace wheel bearings. I replaced inner and outer tie rods, swaybar bushings and links as well. Anything that had to do with the suspension I replaced.

• Like 1