Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

9 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Reminds me of CDN_S4's rig.  Glad you're happy with your new engine, how would you say it compares to the VQ in your '01?

it makes my 01 sluggish on low rpm. vg34e has more torque and power, it does feel more like a truck compare to the vq35.

my 96 is more equipped with bumper, winch, rock sliders, tow hitch and roof basket with a full sized spare and 33's around. i also have my tool box that weighs 60lbs  and other @!*% in the truck.  it doesnt even feel like it has all these things i mentioned. while my 01 only has tow hitch, roof basket and 16 steelies with 30 inches tires. it feels sluggish. 

truck feels more solid on steep climb as well.

i love this new power plant. the choice i made is well worth in my book. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Looks like hawairish desperately needs to paint that bumper!

I know!  Still have some other metal-work to do on things, then I’ll take everything off and coat it.  Though, rust could make for a nice patina...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hawairish said:

I know!  Still have some other metal-work to do on things, then I’ll take everything off and coat it.  Though, rust could make for a nice patina...

Yeah yeah, enjoy the confidence that it won't rot through in a couple months...ya darn Arizona people!

How do you plan to coat it?  Just some kind of paint, or powdercoat, or?  When I painted my bumper I grinded all the rust off, then used Rustoleum etching primer and several coats of Rustoleum enamel.  Looked awesome and was tough (abused it a lot, barely scuffed it), until one unusually warm day mid-winter (raining and 35ish) when most of it just fell off while driving home from class.  Just something to consider.

• Like 1