Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

Thanks! Those are 33x12.50 BFG KM2's. They are great on rocks and mud and kind of scary on hard pack snow

How are they for on-road handling and noise? I've heard they aren't bad for a mud tire...

I'm debating between a set of those or Duratracs.

I already have dedicated snow tires so winter performance isn't important thankfully.

Not too bad! With the windows down in the summer you definitely hear them but with the windows up I can still have a normal conversation with people at highway speeds. They are much heavier than the duratracs though so if you are planning on doing lots of highway driving I would maybe consider going with the good years because you will lose pickup especially at cruising speeds. No issues with cornering or handling either they grip well. I have also read good things about the falken wildpeak AT so maybe check those out as well as the hankook MT. That being said I think the km2's look pretty bad ass and I am very happy with them. Hope that helps!

Edited by rpulwicki

Not too bad! With the windows down in the summer you definitely hear them but with the windows up I can still have a normal conversation with people at highway speeds. They are much heavier than the duratracs though so if you are planning on doing lots of highway driving I would maybe consider going with the good years because you will lose pickup especially at cruising speeds. No issues with cornering or handling either they grip well. I have also read good things about the falken wildpeak AT so maybe check those out as well as the hankook MT. That being said I think the km2's look pretty bad ass and I am very happy with them. Hope that helps!

Good to hear. The way I see it, my Pathfinder is already pretty noisy on the highway (4.64 gears and the manual make for some pretty high revs), so I'd probably barely notice a bit of extra tire noise. In fact, going with 31's might even drop the revs enough to make it about a wash for noise.

Thankfully I'm not on the highway all that much though, and I'm a fairly laid back driver so I'm not too worried about a little less acceleration. I've heard only good things about the Duratracs, but I was considering the KM2's as well because, as you say, they look pretty sweet, and I'd imagine they're a bit better in the wet mud/soil for the wet months on the BC coast.

Edited by Procrastinational

No issues in the rain, hitting puddles at high speeds doesnt upset them and I haven't experienced any hydroplaning but that being said we don't get as much rain out here on the prairies as you do on the coast. And for off-road performance in the mud I had equal or better grip in 2wd with the KM2's than in 4wd with my old geolandar at/s before the lift. They flex really well over rocks when you deflate them too and generally I feel like they can tolerate just about any abuse.

I have a 96 pathy was 2wd I built 4" sfd and relocated spring perches, in the back I have ford expedition springs and chevy 1/2 shocks on 35s then did the 4x4 conversion with the front diff welded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...