Tyre size question

Craig1902

I think even a 33 x 10.5 will fit with just a slight torsion level (they are usually sagged on an older truck) on stocklego wheels. ItIt's the width that will cause rubbing more than the height. If you want 32 x 11.5 then u may need a small lift. 33 x 12.5 definitely needs lift and some minor trimming. I run 33 x 12.5 now and there's no way it's fitting without lift. So i would suggest 31 or 33 x 10.5 if you don't want any lift

I've never owned a stock height pathy though, so just going by what I've read! I'm personally trying to find a nice tall skinny tire for my next set but it's hard to find a good off road tire that will drive well on the street in a 35 x 10.5 ish size

Edited by Nefarious

TY, small lift is all thats legal here (2+2) and have a set of 15x7s so ight go 33x10.5 till I can afford to lift it (damn disability pension doesnt pay enough lol)

Not use to a stock height truck or being limited to 4" lift either, last truck (hilux) had a 3+3 and patrol before that had 4+3 so still learning the pathy and Queensland laws

I run 32 x 11.5 w/ 15 x 8 rims, stock suspension (just slight torsion levelling) on factory Nissan Patrol alloys.
As you can tell there is still plenty of height spare but as mentioned above, it's the width that gets ya, i trimmed & folded the back & front of guards a little to cater for any potential rubbing. Offset helps as does the weight of rims. My alloys are so light that they mean my 32s weigh as much as my old 31s on Steelies. After wheeling with my 32s for around 4 months now I find the old girl much more capable than 31s, you could probably squeeze 33s under but I think due to weight & power that the 32s may be the magic number.

20140810_183148_zps2e94062b.jpg

• Like 1

32s are the magic number in Queensland (can only add 5cm to original VIN plate size) so now just need to find some 15x8 patrol rims on gumtree for the right price :)

32s are the magic number in Queensland (can only add 5cm to original VIN plate size) so now just need to find some 15x8 patrol rims on gumtree for the right price :)

Haha best of luck mate! I was just lucky to score mine off the old man's patrol when he upgraded to steelies.