Factory color green

daczone

Does anyone know if the green color was changed over the years?

I have a 93 dark green pathfinder and needed a fender, I found a 95 bought the fender and when I got it home it is MUCH lighter green than my pathfinder.

Thanks in Advance

The paint that your car starts out with from the factory doesn't actually stay that color. Exposure to ultraviolet light, rain, dirt, acidic rain, diesel particulates, sea water, other volatile compounds in the air and humidity will all change the color of the paint..... Aaaaaannnnnddd it could be that there was a color change!

Yeah it did change for '95...its the colour of my truck :) The older models had more of a deep forest green...in '95 they added the emerald green. They even had a khaki green from '90-'92.

Pretty easy to get the colour codes and paint it yourself or have it done professionally so it matches your original better. It will be a lot shinier than the rest of your truck but if your paint is in good shape a nice compounding would even the truck out nicely.

• 1 month later...

Bought a fender and a can of Automotive spray paint (I think I paid $40 with a can of clear coat)... I am truly impressed. The color was SPOT ON.

before.jpg

Before

after.jpg

After

• Like 1

the green actually changed in 93, from Nissan FAST:

paint code FL1 - Green from July 92 to July 93

paint code FL1 - Greenish blue from July 93

also had paint code DJ2 - Dark green

Your fender looks good !

• 3 weeks later...