Wet floorboard

TutorN1

Well you first need to confirm that it's the A/C, does it smell of coolant or are you sure it's water? If you've already done that, it should be some sorta of drain (obviously). I can't say I've had to do this on my pathfinder. But when I parted out my buddies E30's, I saw the drain for the firewall cowel, I'd imagine it's much the same. But I'd imagine it's directly above the transmission, I know my A/C drains on the passenger side right where my missing link mounts. Or directly next to where the lower control arm mounts to the car. On the rear side of the mount.

So maybe try and see if you find any calcium build up of where the water use to be.

I know it's not that good of help, but that's where I'd start looking.

-Kyle

• Like 1

That really is a help, it gives me a place to start looking.

I didn't clarify much at first, was preoccupied drying the stuff I had sat down there. Soaked my range bag ?!!

Anyways, it's the passenger side floor board. Mat is dry, just the carpet is soaked. No smell of coolant, just water. Been running the act a lot, and have been on the road more the past couple of weeks too.

No, not enough to really to notice. The last was, last week...?

That's why I was thinking ac drain line, but I'll check the other too. Can't hurt to check.

FYI Sonic ice cream is half price today, I'm working on getting in shape! Round is a shape!!

• Like 1

Had a plugged ac drain on mom-in-laws 01 LE, did exactly what you're describing. The tube is very hard to see, but if you look up in the area Kyle described, that's where it is. Once I finally found it, I used a wire hanger (straightened out of course) and gently fed it up into the tube. It was not fun, especially when I cleared the clog and got soaked (be prepared for that). The line had gotten clogged and the condensation that typically drains out behind the rf wheel backed up into the hvac box, leaked at a seam close to the firewall.

I had the same problem.I could hear the AC drain because it dripped onto something hot and hiss. The frame around my sunroof is made of fiberglass and it is broken and missing in some places.Since I don't use my sunroof I used gorilla glue duct tape around the seams and that seems to have solved the problem.It might not be very attractive, but it's cheap and quick.