Ok, so ridiculous question?

AZ_Pathfinder

I havent wheeled my Pathfinder as much as I would like. I had the chance to wheel it a bit for basically the first time since I've had it this past weekend. My question is I have the manual shift lever not the electronic switch. Is there a light on the dashboard that lights up saying 4WD LO of 4-LO when in 4 Lo?? I cant remember correctly but on my 2006 Frontier I thought there was a light on the dash that indicated 4 LO. Is the lack of this light mean that something is wrong with my 4 LO? And yes, I did push down on the shifter to bypass Neutral to get into the 4 LO position. I just thought for some reason that there should be an indicator light on the dash to distinquish between 4 HI and 4 Lo. Sorry if this is a dumb question just had me wondering is all. Thanks!

**Oh and the light that shows all 4 tires does come on when in 4 HI and stayed on when i put it into 4 LO, just no light differentiating 4Hi from 4 LO.

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

As said, no indicator other than you making the effort to shift into 4 Low. I seem to recall the 4x4 light going off when you shift through Neutral tho.

Edited by lerch641

I would say just to get the hang of getting into 4-low, go to an empty parking lot (where you can only drive straight) and practice the "down and way back" technique. Having come from mostly electronic t-cases myself this helped me immensely. No light indicating hi or low either.

It's funny but on my pathfinder it doesn't feel much different if at all different from 4 hi to 4 lo. In my 06 frontier it's was like night and day difference, but on the pathfinder, not so much. That's mainly the reason I asked actually because I couldn't feel a difference, like I used to feel from the frontier, and there was no light. I thought something was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can feel the difference big time. If the truck ia running. Make sure to put the transmission in neutral. Sometimes it helps to ease off the brakes when going to 4L. Lets the gears mesh easily.

Sent from my Moto X