Question About Pro Comp ES3000's?

I tried to search this and didnt come up with what I was looking for. I remember reading some where a while ago, before I ordered these shocks, that they dont really mount up exactly right with our trucks? I was wondering what it is that makes them not just bolt right up? I've had the lift parts for a while now, need to find time to put it all on, but wanted to know what it was that I have to modify to make these work? I thought there was pictures of it as well, maybe from mudvaynes, cant remember. I think it had to do with the eyelets on the shocks maybe being to big?? Sorry everybody I really did try and search this first but couldnt find the answer. If one of you guys that use these shocks can chime in that would be great. Pictures would be better :aok:

You'll need a sleeve (or bushing) that slides over the bolt on the upper mount on each side. You could probably take a shock and upper bolt from one side and look for something that fits well (both inner/outer diameter and length).

Sorry, no pic's...kind of made it up as I went IIRC.

Does that help, or did I miss the question?

No any input is appreciated, I might need to see a picture to grasp it fully. Thanks, I might need to look at it, I just haven't had much free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

You'll need a sleeve (or bushing) that slides over the bolt on the upper mount on each side. You could probably take a shock and upper bolt from one side and look for something that fits well (both inner/outer diameter and length).

Sorry, no pic's...kind of made it up as I went IIRC.

Does that help, or did I miss the question?

This may be a stupid question but would the bushing from the original shocks, the ones I'm taking off, work? Can they be removed? Thanks

Yeah, just do that if you can press them out. We weren't able to remove mine...again, IIRC. I just know I had to make a run in the middle of install because of it.