newer Cars that will one day be "Classics"?

bushnut

Nobody remembers the Dodge Magnum? I've wanted one for years, and until someone puts a good V8 into a spacious station wagon, I'll continue wanting one.

Every customer we have that had one agreed that the best day of owning them was the day they were all traded in on Caravans (and besides one MKZ Lincoln and one H3 was 4 others that went caravan. Funny part is the dude who traded his on the H3 actually took the magnum down a couple dirt bike/quad trails but wouldn't even park the H3 in gravel)

I had a good conversation the other day with a buddy....what newer car would you pick to become a Classic in 25+ years time? I'd love to here your thoughts. these days everything looks the same to me. but I guess thats the price you pay for wind tunnel design.

so time line criteria......vehicles built 2010 and newer...anything goes...brand or model pictures if possible. If you'd like to defend you pick please give a reason why.

my picks are R51as well as the Xterra and the Toyota 4runner, (maybe FJ) as the last of the true off road capable utility (not luxury) SUVs.

If I could get a hold of a new landcruiser 70 here in the states, I'm sure it would be invaluable for its entire life. I had an FJ a few years ago, but honestly I felt like they were made like crap. my wife has an xterra pro 4x and I love the thing. but again, the interior is cheap and I don't see the vehicle as being "bullet proof" by any means. IMO, no four wheel drive with independent front suspension will be valued as a classic like the older four wheel drives that are so sought after today. I sold the FJ and bought my 88 pathfinder with only 58k miles because I felt that they were made to last. After my dad took one to well over 250k miles, I was sold on these vehicles. Unfortunately Im finding out it would be a hell of a lot more indestructible if it had a solid front axle. lol.

Edited by fpf

Nice. What model was it? Depending on interior colour, I.e. White, or red in particular, and then with manual transmission, these cars are few and far between.

Sent via pigeon

It is a 2010 A4 2.0T Quattro. It is a sedan. I dont know how to describe the paint. It looks grey most of the time but in the right light it looks green or blue. Sometimes even teal. The interior is a cream color. Light Grey trim. Light Grey dash. Leather. Some faux wood insets. Then the 6 speed. Beautiful car and great to drive!

HRT (Holden) 427 monaro will be there, of course it's an extremely limited edition (only 2 on road cars made) but even the lower spec'd HSV GTS monaro should be there as well.

Also the Maloo R8

Agreed! I saw one at a car show here a few months back, it was verrrrrry nice.