seatbelts not retracting

nick1716

Well, I have help the driver side and front passenger belts. Doesn't really bother me since its already a habbit but it would be nice to not have to. I just found out that one of me rear belts are not even coming out. I think I might have to open the panel which I have no idea how difficult is, but I guessing, very.

actually the back one is easy to open up, you just open the back hatch you and pull on the side plastic and unsnap all the little plastic snaps all the way upto the seatbelt

Edited by nick1716

Its a 1997, will they still do it? Any dealer? I'm not really sure where this Pathy was bought. I bought it from some doctor. It used to be his wifes, but hes getting her an Infiniti. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in Oklahoma where they came from. Probably where it was purchased too.

Well its locked and been locked. Won't budge.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bull...1/NTB01-005.htm

Check that out -- there is a procedure Nissan put out about that. I have the same problem (haven't gotten around to fixing it yet) but it looks like this is a common problem Nissan knows about. As for replacing them.. I am not sure they will do it just due to slow retraction. The way I understand the seatbelt warranty is something must be mechanically wrong which causes the seatbelt to function improperly/unsafely. In this case, the seatbelt still works in that it will lock into place as it should and hold you there, it just is slow to retract all the way..

Its a 1997, will they still do it? Any dealer?

I had a seatbelt in my 94 Pathfinder replaced last summer because it wasn't retracting. I know it wasn't the dealer it was bought from, you can take it to any Nissan Dealer. No questions asked, they just replaced it free of charge. I think stuff like that has to be under a lifetime warranty.

:beer:

My PF is not under any warranty and because my rear seatbelt locked up and I could not pull it out they fixed it no charge. Its a 98 and they told me there that seat belts have a lifetime warranty. Its worth calling and asking. They did give me the disclaimer that if it was not a mechanical problem that I would have to pay them for their time that they spent looking into it. Worth a try!!! ;)

Guest friskyfrisker

I have a 2003 Pathfinder LE and the driver side seatbelt doesn't retract. I offen find it sticking out of the bottom of my door on a rainy/snowy day.