4x4design.com * New product - Front Skidplate- pre-order starting

fleurys

• 3 weeks later...

Ta Da!!!! The fist one to unveil it!!

89cd64e492b40a9f48b20584dbf525b2.jpg

d2c4ee3b8ffb678bf3d5b692cf77751d.jpg

bf3aa1e6dc092d62de917e5a08d00997.jpg

84b9ec8e5bf133d35128fc6c1a1470f1.jpg

Very nicely packaged!!! This is an awesome buy, great price and superb quality! Can only recommend it. I trust the Fitment will be just as good!

• Like 2

Yeah baby! Got mine too! Hopefully I'll have time to get it bolted up this weekend. Big kudos to Steve! Excellent workmanship, awesome service and a great price (I'm not easily impressed by products these days, but I'm very impressed in something as simple as a skidplate!) very glad to have found someone who still takes pride in what they put there name on. You sir have gained a customer for life.

Yeah baby! Got mine too! Hopefully I'll have time to get it bolted up this weekend. Big kudos to Steve! Excellent workmanship, awesome service and a great price (I'm not easily impressed by products these days, but I'm very impressed in something as simple as a skidplate!) very glad to have found someone who still takes pride in what they put there name on. You sir have gained a customer for life.

:aok: Thank you Sir.

Bolted mine up today under my 01, fit and finish are top notch! My only constructive criticism would be to use washers with larger surface area since the holes are slotted. I'm going to pick some up during the week and swap em in when I get a chance. My previous comments stand though, great work Steve! I'll be hitting you up for another one in a few weeks for my 96!

• Like 1

Saw your post about the washers so I kept it in mind when I went to pick them my package at the postal office (really happy it came earlier than Oct 2nd!) last night. Installed it so no pretty pictures today because it's piss pouring outside. Sooo much easier to install and uninstall because it's just four bolts.

The bolts and washers are actually pretty heavy duty. I definitely can see what you mean by surface area but because the washers are beefier than expected, I don't think there's anything you need to worry about.

I'm really happy with the skidplate! Just don't know what to do with the stuff I removed now. Maybe I'll throw it up on craigslist for $5 and then junk it at the end of the week. :P

e: I do have nice photos of it out of package but it's on my other camera.

Edited by Quaintbucket

You guys should consider protecting the bolts on the bottom of the skid plate with some of these:

http://fourtreks.com/rock_slidder_washer.html

RSLIDDERMOUNTED.jpg

Awesome find! Going to pick these up for the lower bolts and just some larger hardened washers to the uppers. I agree the original are probably fine, but I'm a big fan of overkill when it comes to securing things. :)
  • Like 1