OME Suspention

Entropy98

I am wondering what suspention I should get from OME. On the web site it shows the packages as Medium, Comfort, 2/99+Medium, and 2/99+ Comfort. I am taking it that the 99+ means 99+ PF. I have a 98 PF and am wondering which of the two should I buy? Medium or Comfort. What am I going to be getting out of the two different levels? I wheel often, but have heard that if you get the stiffest suspention and dont have an ARB bar or something like that it rides to rough is this true? Anyone who can help? :confused:

Funds... If I buy the lift, then I have to get Warn hubs, new wheels, strut towers, and camber adjustment bolts. Don't get me wrong I would love to do the AC lift, but the boss thinks that it will cost too much.

On that note how important is it to get the Warn hubs right away if the AC lift was added? I have about 95K right now.

With out that cost I might just be able to talk her into it!

I am still wondering if the Medium or comfort level would work best.

The reason people get Warn hubs is because the CV's are put at extreme angles with the taller springs. On the road, chances are that you won't be in 4wd much, so although the CV's are spinning, no power is being applied to them. Where you run into problems is in 4wd, in offroad situations. If one front wheel droops, the CV is put an even more extreme angle, and if power is applied, it will likely tear. So, the more you wheel, the sooner you'd want Warn's. However, some people have gone for quite a while, including 4 lots of wheeling, with a lift and w/o Warns. B) Oh, and BTW, you don't need new wheels w/ a lift ;)

Guest cjs2000

I think if you tow or have an aftermarket front bumper or bar, then you want the medium. If you don't tow or don't have the extra weight of an ARB bar then you want the comfort. Just my opinion though. I am considering that package too, 4 OME coils with the rear OME shocks, because it seems like my 03 hits the bump stops whenever it's loaded up with people/cargo.

CJS

Well cjs you almost had it right. The hd are for when ou have a beast bumber (tjm) and the medium and comfort are based on what kind of ride you want. If you wheel i would go with the medium little bit more stiff. Prolly benefit from the lift a little better with medium to.

I talked to the guys that sell the OME and they said that the medium and comfort levels are for the rear spring, not the coils. He said that if you have an ARB bumper in the front that he would get the heavy duty coils in the front. He also mentioned that no one really orders the comfort level, and suggested getting the medium even if off-roading is not your thing.

Yeah, the rear springs are Medium and Comfort. Need Mediums if you offroad and/or load up the back at all.

The fronts come in Medium and Heavy. Medium is preferable. Need heavy only if you have a heavy-duty bumper and winch.

I believe when they refer to comfort and medium they are referring to the rear shocks at least for 96 and up. The rear springs come in medium only and the front come in medium and heavy duty (like everyone said and what was suggested to me only get heavy duty if you are going to have a winch or heavy aftermarket bumper). The rear shocks are medium and comfort. I would stick with medium all around for the best ride/off road quality. I have the medium springs and medium rear shocks on the rear and the ride is comfortable. I have the front medium springs on order along with KYB struts, and I think I’ll be equally pleased. The only problem I have with OME stuff is that it takes along time to get. From order time to arrival sometimes can take up to 4 weeks.