VG33E Piston Height?

alco3

Hello. Does anyone know the stock distance from the block deck to the piston at tdc on a VG33E? I've searched everywhere and just can't find this spec. and I don't have an assembled engine to measure. Any help greatly appreciated.

I believe MY1PATH has this information from when he had his heads decked, and I'm pretty sure it was covered in MR510's VG34 write up, but I do not know that information off hand. I recommend doing an advance search using those names and see what comes up (try a few different search phrases). If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with using the same method.

Oh, is there any such information in the FSM (available for download from the pinned thread in the Garage section) in the EM section? They might not give the number outright, but it could probably be extrapolated...

B

Hello and thanks for the quick response ... I had already checked MY1PATH & MR510 and the FSM before posting, but I might have missed it ... also checked the documentation available at the oldest auto machine shop around here ... even on the shelf in back ... and no luck. The problem revolves around a set of CP pistons ordered in 94mm, stock shape but 9.75:1 ... calcs showed 10:1 based on the 94mm bore and thicker headgasket but what I've got now is 8.4:1 so something went amiss somewhere. My question about how far in the hole relates to the coincidence that if the pistons were flush with the deck rather than .098 below I would have 10:1 Dan Paramore is doing the heads and he suggests welding the chambers as the short block is finished ... Please don't waste any more time on this as measuring a stock piston for piston height shows it to be the same as the CPs ... so the interpolated height is the same as factory. I'll keep you guys posted on how this turns out and thanks again for the help