factory security system help!

i have an 04 pathy, the battery was out for almost a month and when a new battery was put in i no longer have a radio, dash clock, horn, alarm and my power locks and windows only work if the key is in the ''on'' position. is the truck in some kind of lock out mode or is it something else? oh yea the truck wont start either. please help!!!!

fuses are all good, and the truck wont start. turns over and gets fuel ( can smell it ) but acts as if the spark has been blocked. that mixed with all electronics not workin leads me to think alarm? also blinkers work but 4 ways dont, not sure if that helps any.

Turn your key on and look for a red security light. Does it stay on or blink? If its on solid, it may have lost the programming for the key. Some nissans you can put the key in the ignition and turn the key on and let it sit for about 30 minutes. It may pick up the key transponder and allow you to start. Other than that, scan it for codes.

• Like 1

does anyone know where the I.P.D.M ( intelligent power distribution module ) is? some leads I have followed point to a relay in that block. also how do you test relays with a multi meter ?

To test a relay, first figure out which pins are which. Usually it'll have a diagram on the top with numbers, and if you unplug the relay and turn it over, the numbers are molded in by the pins. Identify which pins are for the coil and which are for the contacts.

Assuming you're looking at the standard blue Nissan relay, you'll have four pins, two of which are for the coil, and two of which should connect when the coil is energized. With your meter set to ohms, you should get a reading from one coil pin to the other, but nowhere else. To test it properly, connect the multimeter (still on ohms) to the contact pins, and then connect one coil pin to ground and the other to positive. I usually just pop the hood and test them right on the battery, using alligator clips (the kind with rubber sleeves on them so they can't short out). When power is connected to the coil, the relay should click, and the meter should go from showing infinite resistance before the click to showing little/no resistance after. (If your meter has a "continuity" setting, turn that on, it'll beep when the pins are connected so you don't even have to look at it.) Be careful not to mix it up and apply battery voltage to the tester when it's in the ohms position.

If you don't have alligator clips or don't want to fiddle around with the relay, find an identical relay in the engine bay labelled for something that still works, switch that relay for the one you want to test, and then re-test that circuit. If the circuit still works, the relay's not the problem. If it goes dead, and comes back when you put the original relay back in, you've got a dead relay.

It would be nice if it was just a relay, but I haven't read about many failed relays on these. Depending on where you had it parked for that period of time, mice might've gotten into the wiring. Hopefully it's not that, but it's something to check. I would also take a look at the fuse links in case they got bumped out of place or snagged on something when you put the battery in.

I have no idea what an IPDM is, much less where it is, so I'm no help there. You can download the factory service manual here, it might take some looking around but it'll have a diagram somewhere (body section?) of where the electrical units are hidden. It also has a lot of troubleshooting procedures that might help narrow this down if it's a computer issue.