Egr tube

Jarrod90p

I just go to the junkyard and pull one. Bring a torch with you to heat up the 24 mm (I think) flare nut that holds the tube to the egr and also heat up where the tube threads into the exhaust manifold and then use the 24 mm (I think) to crank it out as well. It takes some torque but it's not too bad of a job.

Does yours have a hole or tear? Why does it need replacing?

I put headers on and straight piped it and really just want the huge noise to go away.

I won't have to do emissions ever again will I need it?

You can plug it if u want. I ran without egr for a while and i didn't notice anything different at all except the truck stinks more when it runs. You may lose a little mpg as well if you don't have it tuned but results seem to vary on that one. I run headers as well though and run the egr now. It's not an overly difficult jo to swap it in.

There is but I'm ping to get a waiver to exempt myself from the final emissions test.

In Washington if your car is 25 years old you don't have to do it anymore so I'm going to get a waiver for the last emissions test

Ahh, they had that law here as well, and I bought a 1978 VW thinking I would only have to smog it once, then they froze the cut off date to 1975 or earlier so I'm screwed. Hope it works out for you...

B

The company I ordered the part from now has to order it from Nissan so it's looking like I won't be able to find a new egr tube I'm hoping for the best. I'm going to look into a junk yard solution when I have time

That tube was used on the WD21 with V6 engine from production dates 08/89-06/94 both Fed and Cali emissions.

After 06/94 the part numbers changed and split to seperate Fed and Cali versions

It was also used on the D21 with V6 from production dates 08/89-06/94 both Fed and Cali emissions and the D21U from 06/94-12/94 Federal emission.

You can order them from nissan. Can't remember the size but there is a plug in the manual transmissions that fits perfectly. I had a scrap 240sx transmission that i stole the plug from and it worked fine when i had my egr blocked. You could use a caliper and a thread reference gauge to figure out the size pretty easily..