CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

And one more bulb change in my gauge cluster lol. 3rd time's a charm, white LED's this time. Might look a bit bluish in the photo but it is pure white. Luckily this is a very easy job and takes no more than 5 minutes.

So if the mood strikes me, there is no guarantee that it won't go back to red someday lol.

e7f143d2e1cb5712d426266e14a125ff.jpg

Sent from my Pathfinder

Where did you find a write up for this? Please tell me how. I want to do this. Looks great

It's really easy and pretty much self explanatory. The gauge cluster is only held in by 6 screws total. 2 in the top that hold the frame in and then 4 that hold the cluster. Remove them, pull out the cluster and replace the bulbs. They spin 1/2 circle, then pop out.

You can use this thread as a DIY guide. Nico also has the bulb sizes with links to super bright LED's website.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-replace-instrument-cluster-lamps-t461756.html

• Like 3

Installed hood louvers over the weekend. Due to the wet moderate climate that I live in, I decided to place the louvers off to the sides where no electrical components were getting rained on. I also didn't cut the entire surface area out, rather drilled vent holes in spots that don't expose sensitive parts.

377d0490456390faddf84ce907937468.jpg

0817d92565dae8f92de10ee1e71cad92.jpg

931b1411b9ff97f9a27dd06652388256.jpg

29c7ca55878e6236affcbec7a1de6a4d.jpg

ffaed8b2c23181a9d148dc3fa3ab92a5.jpg

1c81294fbf443eceedaedcd7511497a2.jpg

Dude..... thats Sick!

• Like 2

With regard to the v8 swap joke- What about a 4.0 swap from an r51 or Frontier? They make more power and there are supercharger kits available as well

Sent from my nearly dead S6

With regard to the v8 swap joke- What about a 4.0 swap from an r51 or Frontier? They make more power and there are supercharger kits available as well

Sent from my nearly dead S6

If one is going to go through all the effort of sourcing an engine, making an adapter plate, making engine mounts, wiring, custom cooling, etc, etc. You might as well just get the V8. You could source an LQ4 or LQ9 for probably around the same cost of the VQ40.

Just my thoughts, some people swap certain engines because they just happened to have one lying around... Lol.

-Kyle

Yeah that's waaaaaay too much work lol. Funny thing how his story ended, parted it out and bought an S4!! :) so I can skip those steps, keep my Pathy and enjoy the V8 in my S4 :)

I don't know how I missed these reply's. But I'm glad X posted Tyler's old thread. Yeah it is kinda say how it ended but he proved the VH45 would work and there are more than a few guys running that engine in their 240sx's and go drifting. Plus there are few people who make long tube headers that some how clear the engine bay of 240SX.

And the engine bay of the 240 is tiny compared to the room we get in the pathy's, the only issue (as always) is the dumb steering shaft.

It's totally doable.

-Kyle

If one is going to go through all the effort of sourcing an engine, making an adapter plate, making engine mounts, wiring, custom cooling, etc, etc. You might as well just get the V8. You could source an LQ4 or LQ9 for probably around the same cost of the VQ40.

This is actually something I've been thinking about...swapping in the VQ40, that is. Small power gains over the V8, but I think it'd actually be a pretty direct swap (I'd want the transmission and maybe t-case with it). After all, it reads like a stroked VQ35DE. I'd almost be certain just swapping the motor mount brackets and motor mounts over would get it to sit in the truck, and that's a pretty good start.

Really? I've heard the oppositie. I think I was watching some video of a guy who supercharged his R51 and they were saying the 40 is different to the 35. Dangit now I'm curious. I wonder if the bellhousing is the same, would make the transmission matting process WAY easier.

-Kyle

CDN_S4

What is the bumper that you put on this? did you get the measurements of the Brackets? I cant find any that are beefed up and don't want the bumper and winch breaking loose when I need it.

Huh, I just looked it up, it is just a stroked 35. Learn something new everyday. Now I'm REALLY CURIOUS.

Dam you hawairish. Lol

-Kyle

Ha, yep :D

For your entertainment: VQ35DE vs VQ40DE

(If you want me to post those full-size pictures up, let me know.)

I don't think the bellhousings will mate, but the angle of the blocks are different, and all the extra holes may be misleading.

For sure, the exhaust gaskets are the same; looks like it's just a matter of moving studs around.

The valve cover gaskets are also the same.

The motor mount bracket attachment points look lower on the 40, but nothing a SFD doesn't help resolve!

Wonder if the internals could be used as a stroker kit...

SICK PF! I just read through your whole thread. What a transformation. Gives the rest of us with stock ones something to look forward too! Keep it up....(LS1??) haha

Thanks, Toyojay. But what's LS1?

MSGNSDQ, the bumper is a Rough Country XJ bumper. But fitting it is no easy task. Just on my last run I popped a weld because someone tried to get me unstuck me from the front. He was unsuccessful so he yanked / snapped the tow strap, but the only thing that budged was my bumper. Luckily it is attached in 3 spots on each side so it didn't come off or anything but a weld let go. Had them reinforced since. Should be indestructible now.

This is a pic of the carnage

c663dafccf31f2e06ef036ea995e6108.jpg

CDN_S4

It's an awesome build. I'm thinking that the TJM mounts would work if I can fab them up. Just have to get all the measurements right.

You mentioned a V8 swap...LS1 from the F body Camaros/Firebirds and C5 Corvettes.

Thanks, Toyojay. But what's LS1?
MSGNSDQ, the bumper is a Rough Country XJ bumper. But fitting it is no easy task. Just on my last run I popped a weld because someone tried to get me unstuck me from the front. He was unsuccessful so he yanked / snapped the tow strap, but the only thing that budged was my bumper. Luckily it is attached in 3 spots on each side so it didn't come off or anything but a weld let go. Had them reinforced since. Should be indestructible now.
This is a pic of the carnage
c663dafccf31f2e06ef036ea995e6108.jpg