CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Hey bro,

I'm up in Bathurst visiting my folks. I'd love an excuse to see your truck in person but I don't think I'll have time to get down there. so close and yet so far. It would be nice to grab a pint and talk truck. maybe next time I drive out here we'll see. I've got some friends in Sackville I'd like to see too but I'm short on time and no wheels of my own.

• Like 1

I last towed it up a sandy slope out of the water after it had taken on a ton of water from a rain storm. Bulge pump drained the battery. 3.3 pulled it out seemingly without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Were my weight guess's around what it was actually towing?

And either way, thats still impressive.

-Kyle

Well let's see, it's an 18" Seadoo, weighs 1950lbs dry without the trailer. Add trailer give or take 450lbs, add the water, I'd say it took on about 150-200 litres, = about 400lbs, plus my 33's and spare tire carrier (200lbs) looking at an easy 3000lbs.

• Like 1

Well let's see, it's an 18" Seadoo, weighs 1950lbs dry without the trailer. Add trailer give or take 450lbs, add the water, I'd say it took on about 150-200 litres, = about 400lbs, plus my 33's and spare tire carrier (200lbs) looking at an easy 3000lbs.

18"(inch) seadoo, where do you sit?! Just bustin chops of course ;) Edited by NovaPath

Finally getting around to this:

afcfd8c5dbd97a5bf999f7be98107c3a.jpg

Should be done by Friday. Gave it my buddy Who was kind enough to finish this for me while I'm deployed on Ex and gave me his Xterra for the week.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty sweet deal. Especially when this is the super charged "loaner" I get for the week! It's even worse on gas but I love how it actually makes it possible to pass people on the highway lol

0beccba24f7a38273d4790ec5a6f711b.jpg

• Like 1

I gotta say after having that Xterra for a week, I've developed a bit of a mixed feeling for my Pathy. I like the Pathy interior better, but this look, especially since my buddy put the exact same rims on his X that I have on mine, this has really grown on me. Both are sitting on 33's but my 33's now look small in comparison, due to the lift I suppose.

e1ad2e08993057fd8a0191984464ea53.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that's one of the few reasons I haven't lifted my rig, it looks so good with the tire inside the fender wells.

But I will always love your rig, I got the chance to drive a friend's 01 xterra with alot more mods (non SC) and I still love my old pathfinder. The pathy just has such a better interior. Ride quality is about the same to me, I feel like my driving an old farm truck in both. Lol

Love the pics, what's next now that the sliders are on (and looking awesome!)?

-Kyle

Minded the edit time. Here's what I wanted to ad.

Also IMHO xterra's really didn't age well, while the Gen you and I drove are the better of the first Gens, that plastic of the front fascia and rear bumper faded so hard! Makes them look super old and janky. I maintain that the updated R50's still look fairly modern, some of that was that the R51'S got such a huge redesign it's incredible they kept the name. But that I think it's a nice looking rig, it's not overstated and it's not influenced by the 90's look. Plus an SUV doesn't really have the capability of crazy looks (exception is the juke and bmw X range) but they generally follow the same design cues, the roofline and pillar placement is almost universal. Anyway, I'm rambling.

-Kyle

Yeah I agree with you on most of the above. The X I drove was the SC one and that extra power was nice. Although the fuel Milage was worse than on mine!! I think a 34" tire would be perfect for my ride height

Looking good! The supercharged Xterra was on my list when getting my Pathy, but after reading about the mileage and the issues a lot of owners have with the crank sensor, it wasn't worth it to me. Not for only 210 horsepower, which is still incredibly weak for all that trouble. I went with the VQ in my Pathfinder, with the nicer interior as you mentioned, and never looked back. Plus I have something against torsion bars in my trucks/SUVs. I'm not sure why. Either way, it's always fun to look at/drive the other Nissan SUVs, and how you notice all the little differences.

Sorry to ask but your Seadoo weighs a ton ...1950lbs ?

Edited by kdj

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to changing my shocks that were constantly max extended at regular ride height due to my lift. When I pulled them off, they did not budge, neither up not down. Although when manually compressed they released upwards properly. The new ones are about 5-6" longer. No more "thunk" over potholes and uneven terrain lol

fc5a224f5709935e9f6a52b391b558ee.jpg

5e81e7b68ab7cd0fb6a8298e480418d4.jpg

• Like 1

...and now my tires feel tiny lol. Will definitely be stepping up to 35's when I need a new set. Likely will be re-rearing too, although judging by how well the 33's spin, I'm not entirely convinced it is required...

My light, as seen in the pic, along with front fender. But wrench monkey has corner lights for $20 shipped!

The 2 door JK bent his rear tire carrier, dented his door, lost his antenna. 1 of the 4 doors tore 3 screws or clips out of his front passenger fender as well as rear fender. One of the ruts/washouts was extremely close to a wall of frozen mud, which is also where my damage happened.