CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

after finishing all the mods I had planned on my truck, and reading what you've done to yours, I've figure what we've done to ours is how it should have come stock. 11in clearance at the front diff, steel skid plate, 31x15 tires, and maybe some better recovery points, now it's the way it should have been.

Edited by bushnut
  • Like 3

Been so busy at work lately, working some weekends and long days too, we're hosting an international AFV gunnery competition and it's just been nuts. Plus tons of tree cutting in the old yard, haven't had any chance to get anything else done to it yet. I'm planning on picking up 2 army style Jerry's tho as my jeep style ones don't fit the "army" holders ;)

Got a metal with a spout OEM vintage US army jerry and one Canadian sceptor one. From a second hand store. Didn't ask where he got it from. It didn't have the red lid lanyard the princess auto ones come with. Looked just like our CAF ones. Either way, paid 60 for both.

Also bought a ghetto home made trailer for hauling wood around in my backyard mini forest.

33cf2fb41b0a17136a0d6cbeba77ebb8.jpg

Next on my project list is to make my trailer as capable as the truck. Which BTW I am very impressed with. Hauled full loads of hardwood uphill off-road and it never even seemed to struggle.

However under that load the trailer tires look like they are about to explode, especially going over all the stumps and debris and rocks etc.

so the plan is to upgrade the axle and bolt pattern and use my old OEM wheels that are wrapped in 30" Goodyear Territory's.

• Like 1

Did some work on the spare tire carrier, but ran into my limitations of tools accessible to me. I need a plasma cutter to make some other adjustments.

The trailer has hit a dead end as I will need either 100$ spacers or a $200 axle to make the new wheels fit. So I think il just run this one into te ground and keep the rims for my next project.

Did some rust fighting and painted the calipers black instead of bright orange, i.e. Rusty.

3e3148d3a80153333c3209a800a8b34e.jpg

Bought a smittybilt seat cover with all kinds of pouches. Pics tomorrow.