CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Thorpe, they are 15x10.5

I had to shave the calipers to make them fit. You can only fit a hair between the calipers and the rims. I will be adding 5mm spacers just to give it a bit more offset.

Steve, you're right! I do have something waiting for me at the post office. I didn't get off work til late so I didn't get to check the mail yet.

I'm sorry, my bad, the tires are 10.5 the rims at 8. I've had a long day when I wrote that.

The ones in my garage are 9.5 wide on a 235 tire lol. They are clearly not for the pathfinder lol

Looks awesome! Those rims are 10.5 wide? I'd think the sidewalls would look funky (kinda like the ones up against the wall in your garage) if the rim is the same as the section width of the tire.

Iv got a set of 31s on 15x10 wide rims and they dont look streched

Damn I love this build thread.

I've also come from a car background, and bought my pathy to keep stock and as a daily... nope

That didn't last long!

You've done the exact mods that I want to do, so it's awesome following the thread.

I actually picked up a set of the same DuraTracs the other day, and am waiting for my 15x8 3.5" rims.

My only issue with them, is they're marketed as a 31" but the overall height didn't even look like it broke 30", and the width a 10.5, looked about a 9.5".

I have a question about the spacer lift.

When doing the lift, without replacing the rear shocks, did you notice any issues?

I plan on picking up Steve's spacer lift for the time being, and doing the AC lift next year. I was wondering how the truck felt with just the stock shocks/struts?

Also, how do you like the Mile Markers? How was the quality?

Edited by CMyles

Thanks CMyles.

I don't notice any difference between the shocks other than my shimmy at 100km/hr was gone. But that was due to a worn out front strut.

So far I love the Mile Marker. Been putting it in an out of 4x4 a bunch of times now. Each time having to manually switch the dial. The feel and quality of it is very solid and I so far I have no complaints.

I know exactly how you feel about not being able to leave a car alone lol. This was supposed to be my winter "beater" and now I've dumped as much money into it as I paid for the truck lol.

Oh okay, I think ill just end up going with the spacers for now until I can bank some more money.

Still trying to finish my STi build haha.

Yeah, I'd really like to order the WARNS, but I don't see myself doing any crazy crawling or anything.

I'm honestly just going to hit up some mud holes every once and a while, so I think the MM's will be okay for me.

Its an addiction! Its just so satisfying at the end of the day.

Definitely go for the MM if you're not doing anything crazy. It's MM 435 if i recall correctly.

I will probably end up getting the warn because I do some boulder/rock crawling for my hunting expedition. Hell, there's a path at Mike's Lake that's all rocks and all boulders. I'm not comfortable taking that one till I lift my Pathfinder.

Is there anything documenting that MM's are that much weaker than WARN's? Personally I will just be driving it in muddy trails, snow and black tracks so I'm quite confident that the MM's are good enough. I'm sure in fact stock would be good enough!

The only real advantage over stock is that they an be unlocked.

Quaintbucket, thanks again for the compliment. I really like them too, they are even nicer in person. Real nice flat black powder coating finish. In the end, was well worth waiting for.

Here it is!!! Steve, this thing is veeery nice!! Beautiful powder coating. I'll try to mount this tonight if I get the baby to bed on time.

32d57901e9f8687d73e3abae645c01b5.jpg

Edited by CDN_S4