Waterlogged!

Kafike

ECU amazingly did not get wet.

Went to my buddies and ran a tamper to compress the dirt for a new porch. DON'T run a tamper with no gloves. Ripped all the skin off my palm on my my right hand.

That is good!

That is bad! Made my skin crawl! You might want to use one of those second skin products for something like that.

One of those plate compactors? I used one recently, but with better results...

The older I get, the less likely I am to do anything without gloves. You get tired of waiting to heal.

Beer helped!

I wonder if beer wasn't part of the problem?

I hope you heal quickly...

B

IAC valve should come in today. Won't be able to put it on today though. My hand needs to heal a bit more. Keeping it wrapped with Silvadeen (sp?) on it.

Was helping my buddy guide the compactor for a while. Didn't even think about it. I usually wear gloves for everything but just ran by to see how things were going. Porch is gonna be nice though.

Pathy should run better after all the carbon and crap I cleaned out of everything and with the new parts. I'm hoping anyway.

• 1 month later...

Update time!

Hey all, been gone for a bit. Had to go to Fort Bliss for a few weeks so couldn't do anything to the Pathy. Finally got the IACV gasket i needed when I got back. Only cost $3 but Nissan had to order it. The gasket came in just in time to take the family camping, so no messing with the Pathy for another little bit. Finally got to work on it this weekend.

Put all the new parts in and after jumping it with my Sentra... she lives! The motor runs better than it has in years. Still low on power but that's normal. Drove it a couple miles to my buddies to test it out. The motor is idle-ing and running pretty well but my CEL came on. I ran the codes and it shows 33 and 34, O2 and knock sensor. I already have a new 02 sensor for it but haven't been able to get the old one out, even after a week of PB Blaster. I think that is what is causing the code 34.

One weird issue it is having is, when you are at a stop and floor it the truck won't barely move and RPMs take a bit to go up before it goes. It just seems to bog. If you ease into the throttle it goes all right. I have had weird issues with it before that seem to be trans related but i found a '97 trans, torque converter, xsfer case and driveshaft for $300 i might call on. Gonna change the fuel filter and flush the trans for now to see if that helps. 220k miles on it and still kicking though.

UUuhhhh.... dirty Mass Air Flow sensor? or old O2 sensor.. I tried the big hammer and flat-bladed screwdriver trick. Aim the screwdriver at the base of one of the flats on the O2 sensor and whack it with the hammer ....hard... more than once... That worked well for me.

Mind you, I thought about doing that with the MAF more than once but haven't had to yet.

Edited by SpecialWarr

I know I've read about people having the "have to feather the gas to make it go" issue but of course I can't remember what caused it. Doesn't sound trans related, though. I'd want to check on the vacuum system (especially the line to the fuel pressure regulator), make sure the MAF is clean, and make sure the TPS is working.

Damn o2 sensor will come out, one way or another lol. Still need to clean the MAF. Motor runs smooth now, though rich, because of the O2 sensor. I replaced a bunch of vacuum lines but may have missed one or two.