R50 Struts

Splish

So I currently have the AC 2" lift coils and KYB struts on my truck. Have had them for about 4 years. and really, not very impressed at all. So it's time for new struts.

I have decided to order the 2" Strut spacers from Snake Racing in Australia, and the Old Man Emu 1/2" lift springs. But I haven't decided on struts yet.

Can anyone give me some advice of struts, what brand and model would you recommend and why?

Thanks.

not to much available bro...

OME....expensive.

Rancho....not sure if they are still available.

Munroe.......not very reliable.

why not the 2" spacers from steve here on NORPA? way cheeper and very well made. Oh shipping will be much cheaper as he's in Quebec.

or if you don't want HDPE try NX4 (I run Nx4) If I remember right, they are in Thunder bay.

Why are you ditching the AC springs?

I thought they were all stock height struts (except for some extended length ones from Australia).

I had Rancho RSX struts for about 3-4 years and never really thought that much about them. Then I went to KYB for the last 3-4 years and thought they were better at not topping out so much...then I remembered that I definitely had a pair of settled in springs and had added over 50lbs of weight to the front end (so that's probably why I thought they rode so much softer/controlled).

I think I spent a little less on the KYB's if that helps.

I have rancho snow specifily the RSX line of struts which I ordered from napa and they sent me a rs5000 and RSX. I couldn't wait any longer as it took six months and 9 try's to get them right so I settled for what I got, and to be honest I wish I spent the money on kybs instead

2j5yoo6.jpg

I wouldn't buy these and they top out to much and they blow out to easy waste of money......