Interior mods

Jacob211

• 2 weeks later...

a9ene3y4.jpg

Completed this today at lunch. Added two USB ports to my center console for device charging. Works great. I'll explain how later if anyone's interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What I did for the KC dayliters on the 94 used an extra hazard switch, relay powers the lights and hazard switch powers the relay

I did the same thing for my driving lights and the factory fogs, and used the headlight high/low beam feeds to power the relays. The actual hazard switch ended up on the center console.

ok on my 88 rear shoulder harnesses out of a 94 pathy, overhead rear speaker assembly out of a 94 pathy, center console out of a 97 QX4, map lights and mirror out of a 94 pathy, grab handle above drivers door, 93 inst. cluster, think thats about it.

Jacob-

Here's what :search: revealed for Interior Mod threads: this, this, this, and this. (Links in those will take you farther down the rabbit home, too.)

On my rig, I've done this (details here)

ExpBox-6.jpg

Also this (similar idea to Manik)

IMG_0588.jpg

And installed this eBay find

Inc-Ins.png

Not pictured are the new head unit and speakers, auto-dimming mirror, or Audi A4 cup holder installed in the armrest.

Make sure to post picts of whatever you end up doing to your rig.

I would like to know more about the above "eBay find" I remember seeing those in vehicles way back in the day when I was a kid. Does it plug into anything?? Or is just based on gravity?

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would like to know more about the above "eBay find" I remember seeing those in vehicles way back in the day when I was a kid. Does it plug into anything?? Or is just based on gravity?

Sent from Tapatalk

nope not reliant on gravity you take the console surround off then the center vent out and it bolts up thru the dash there is even a 12v lead there already well there was in my old 92 at least

there is also a modern alternative as well a small android tablet or phone with an Clinometer with Compass package(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brainlab.tiltmeter&hl=en) works well.

What are you talking about of course they rely on gravity. You go uphill, the little 4wd on the display points up. If you turn a corner, the 4wd display shows it leaning the way you are turning. The 12v leads that go into it are for illumination for night.

i took his question as fitment question, prolly should have put a smillie in there have beer and calm down terrano

Edited by fman

Yah, what fman and Terrano said... :lol:

There are instruction on how to install in the How-To section here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/1499-help-me-install-my-ebay-impulse-buy/

It's got roll, pitch, and an "altimeter" - really a barometer that you need to set. IMHO, it would have made more sense as a compass, but :shrug: - it is what it is.

Easy fit for square-dash WD21s. They also made them for D21s - the difference is the outlines in gauges looks like a pickup instead of an SUV.

I removed my altimeter, I just never found it necessary. I put a square slot in the top of the cover pod and a smaller hole in the side for the 12v cable and now my gps is sitting in there. Best part is I made it so I can remove the gps, so no potential thieves get any ideas. To get it out you just lift it, unplug the cord from the base and good to go.

I removed my altimeter, I just never found it necessary. I put a square slot in the top of the cover pod and a smaller hole in the side for the 12v cable and now my gps is sitting in there. Best part is I made it so I can remove the gps, so no potential thieves get any ideas. To get it out you just lift it, unplug the cord from the base and good to go.

Pics please!! :)

Sent from Tapatalk

I would if I could. Can I do it via Tapatalk? Basically in order to make the gps fit I had to cut the front plastic part off at the base and cut a square hole out in the top because that's where the on/off button is located for the gps and also for removal of the gps. In future I want to see if I can fit a couple of gauges in there, primarily coolant temp and trans temp gauges.

Using tapatalk is THE easiest way to post pics. Just click the photo icon on the bottom of your text window when you post and snap a pic.

Sent from Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my center console fridge I installed, also has a warm function. I had to remove the whole center console and cut the back section off. Under neath the fridge I have a metal bracket which I measured and bent the end section over and screwed it into the existing left over plastic from the old console. I used two small angle brackets to secure it to the console where the original lid would have clipped in. Wiring is hidden under the console and works off the cig lighter.