cb antenna mount on tire carrier

NIssanBoston

I just have a question about mounting my antenna on the tire carrier of my r50, I kno I seen some people do it on previous CB threads and mostly wd21's , it seems like they have a little plate you can mount it on, I want to mount mines on the tubing of the carrier, has anyone ever done it before to their's? And if so could you inform me on how you did it and maybe link me to where you bought the specific piece?

I bought a mirror mount but that doesn't fit at all, I even enlonged the holes still too small of an opening.

I just have a question about mounting my antenna on the tire carrier of my r50, I kno I seen some people do it on previous CB threads and mostly wd21's , it seems like they have a little plate you can mount it on, I want to mount mines on the tubing of the carrier, has anyone ever done it before to their's? And if so could you inform me on how you did it and maybe link me to where you bought the specific piece?

I bought a mirror mount but that doesn't fit at all, I even enlonged the holes still too small of an opening.

I used the 90 degree mount (think Firestick calls it the "3-way mount). There are two flat plates where the tire carrier on my WD21 begins to bend toward the hinges, perfect for this mount. I'm assuming there might be a similar structure on the R50 carrier.

1655942_667987846576585_1315707461_n.jpg

On my 88 I used a mirror mount elongated the holes and used longer bolts and set it up far enough to the right so the rear glass

would open without opening the tire carrier.

I tried doing that, the circular middle part doesn't fit around the tubing because it is too small, do u mind taking a picture of how it looks?, and for mine when o tried to fit it , it was not even the mount , 1 part was diagonal and then one part was kind of straight

Yeah I was thinking that, but I have no equipment or welding skills so that's out of the question, itd be easier if someone with a r50 did it the same way as I, I'm still open for suggestions though, I like the wd21 carrier more, ots more convenient with mounting stuff on it

Edited by NIssanBoston

86ba69b6.jpg

Cheap mirror mount with long bolts shoved through it. It don't fit the tube but if it wasn't for the fact I didn't have a spring on the antenna, it would still be on it

yeah that seems like a good idea, I'm going to try to buy longer bolts and try to mount it again if that doesn't work I'll try the one you suggested me , it looks like itd have a bigger opening for the tube, so hopefully thatd work for my carrier tube.

• Like 1

86ba69b6.jpg

Cheap mirror mount with long bolts shoved through it. It don't fit the tube but if it wasn't for the fact I didn't have a spring on the antenna, it would still be on it

that basically looks like the same mount I purchased, I enlonged the holes just haven't tried to use bigger bolts, but yeah the middle part doesn't even fit around your tubing so maybe itd work for me if I tried bigger bolts.