New offroad game "Spintires"

gv280z

If you are a Steam user you've probably seen this new offroad logging simulation come across the new items display, you know that runs constantly when you open up Steam. Anyway, I found a demo of it and checked it out. I like it, and I'm going to pay the $30 for it and download the full version. I wanted to show it here because it looks like it would be a great teaching tool for general offroading.

It has aspects of night and day, recovery, you've got a transfer case you can engage / dis-engage, locking differentials and gas consumption. There are points awarded for various logging missions that you successfully complete and if your truck gets stuck, then you are transferred to a recovery vehicle which you then drive to the stuck vehicle for recovery. I think this looks like fun and it would be cool to have a little competition here on the forum. We could take a screen shot of a completed mission and upload to display points and mission time.

In the demo I got a "Land Rover" looking vehicle stuck in soft mud, shifted into 4 wheel, and then locked the axles and it climbed right out :) Below is the link to the website, you can watch a video and download the demo where there is a banner that says "Try the Tech Demo now" then you click on one of the mirror site buttons (I chose on of the top ones for the Un-moddable version), a window will open asking if you want to save or open, choose save and it will download.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

mirror download

http://oovee.chicsystems.net/SpinTiresInstall_060613.zip

I might be able to help you with that, I am a pc GOD. Lol., not really but I do know how to build em and add stuff, memory, motherboards, cpu...