Door lock revelation

txpath4x4

So I have had a Nissan in the family since I was like 8: 89 stanza wagon, 94 sentra, 2 early 90's quest etc. I always new you could lock all doors from driver side but just now I figured out how to unlock all doors... Holy crap just turn the key twice

Mine unlocks all doors with one turn of the key in the drivers side, I assumed that this was normal? It's got electric windows so I can always hit the 'all doors locked' switch when I get in if I have to. Passenger side door lock was tampered with, I think someone must have tried to break in a few years back because it wasn't like that when I got it.

Mine unlocks all doors with one turn of the key in the drivers side, I assumed that this was normal? It's got electric windows so I can always hit the 'all doors locked' switch when I get in if I have to. Passenger side door lock was tampered with, I think someone must have tried to break in a few years back because it wasn't like that when I got it.

As far as I know, it should LOCK all doors and hatch with one turn, when unlocking one turn is drivers door 2 in rapid succession will unlock all doors and hatch

Took me a while to figure it out. I out when I didn't think the door unlocked and all of them unlocked the second turn. I did it about a dozen times after that! The rear window was the same. I thought it didn't lock so I turned it harder and the window popped. Of course, I did this a dozen times as well haha

Soooooooo that meanas that mine is broken because all of the doors open on the first turn?? not that I care that much... really.

You need to remove and clean your lock cylinder, that should clear that issue up. Or continued to live with it like I do because I am lazy. :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

What's the PITA is getting locked in your Pathy cause the locks are messed....electrical wise. I've had to sit & hit the unlock button like 10-15 time until it will unlock the doors. I kinda laughed one time when it was just the passengers side.....told the wife she wasn't allowed to leave the vehicle. LMAO! She didn't find that very humorous.

So I'm not the only one who got locked int the Pathy then lol? My wife still gives crap on that. The power locks don't work at all anymore now though.

They say (locksmith forum) that WD40 is good to clean out the lock cylinder than lube it with a pure silicone spray, most locksmiths do not recommend the graphite stuff .

so I can spray wd40 in where the key goes? or do I have to take off the door panel? also is it supposed to open all doors from passenger side also,?

Edited by ANDY

My passenger's lock will unlock or lock all the doors, driver's will only unlock. I'll tear into it again one of these days and see if the contacts are all worn to hell.

+1 on not putting powdered graphite in the locks, my locks went from the occasional hiccup to complete mayhem when I made the mistake of blowing flake graphite in through the lock hole.

• 2 weeks later...