Gotta repair my buddy's TOYO

txpath4x4

So I'm a decent wrench monkey, I do it on the side for play money, but I digress

My masonic brother has a 93 HILUX 4x4 that supposedly needs a new head gasket and I may post some photos on this thread just so us Nissan people can see what the tonka toys look like inside. Here is one to start a side x side of motors ... Definitely similar

Posted Image

• Like 1

Ahh the good old 3.slow, yea they are prone for head gasket failure. Get new head bolts (they are torque to yeild bolts), they heads had a bolt removal sequence along with the torque sequence (I can look that stuff up at work tomorow if you like- sequences/torque specs/etc), don't go lazy and make sure to get the heads machined, and I'd suggest a new knock sensor wire harness as it runs "through" the left side intake gasket and will probably fail after you complete everything kicking a CEL if you don't :lol: they take some time and patience but when all is said and done... It's still gonna get smoked by grandma and her buick century while unwrapping a Werthers Original

That would be great nunya, yeah I have a local machine ago that is gonna take care of the heads and to relieve to problem they Are purchasing the headers. They didn't even blink when I told them how much parts are... I have a policy, do it right or not at all... No piece-mealing or cutting corners. I like repeat customers but not when it's the same problem

SHHHH!!!!! What the Devil's hell people!? Wo be unto those what mention the T word. lol..I'm actually myself a closet Toyota junkie, I really like the 3.4L engine and would kill for an ext cab T-100 4x4.

Gah! I forgot about the torque specs... Finally got a new charger for my beat up laptop though and I think I have crap saved in there from using it as a notepad when I had the 4runner. Beat me later...

• 2 weeks later...

so i saw 2 funny things this weekend while wiring up a guys Barn... 1 was a 4runner (1st gen) lifted like 12 in. sitting on 44's (try to get a picture when i go back out there) and then also i saw a ford ranger early 90's with what i swear looked like a 2 door pathys hatch cab, had the little triangle windows and the angle where a lot of people cut them off at.(if i see it again i will post a pic) oh yeah and nunya... :deadhorse::thumbsdown::tongue: