Air condition issue now that its hot

ONCEBITN

heat was 107 yesterday and 105 today, so my issue ios the ac works great and very cool when driving, however if im stopped at a light or parked the ac compressor will cycle on and off when not moving, could i have to much fluid in the system for the heat index outside

Have you had it serviced at all lately? Not being as cold sitting still is not that abnormal. It's a matter of air passing through the condenser. I would check for any debris built up on the condenser(bugs, trash, mud, ect). A hose and water will do wonders! Visually check the system for any leaks. Dirt will easily stick as there is oil in the system. Then I would go have the system professionally checked and make sure the pressures are correct.

yea i cleaned it, its not that its not cool enough its that the ac disengages and im not sure its supossed to stay on for 15 seconds then kick off for five and on again for 15

Man there are some days when I really don't miss living in Fresno.

Have you checked the low pressure side? Even with just a recharge cannister and it's probably very highly uncalibrated gauge? That might give you an idea and doesn't cost a lot.

I'm not sure how fast these are supposed to cycle, but I don't remember hearing mine go in and out that fast. I did a little searching around, and it looks like the low pressure switch could be worn out, or the coolant level could be too low, but I'm also seeing mentions of clogged lines. I doubt a clogged line is the problem if it still blows cold. I don't have the pre-facelift R50 service manual, but the '95 and '03 manuals don't include this issue in troubleshooting. :shrug: