Name that pigtail

• 3 weeks later...

OP, I have a plug there on my rig and it goes to the power antenna module (a clear plastic case to the rear of where the amps used to be). If I unplug it, the power antenna won't go up. The only difference is that yours looks to have seven wires, and mine only has five (the plastic body is the same). Probably just different revisions of the module. If there's no module there, and you don't have a power antenna, it's just spare wire.

Maaakaaaa, the one on the far right (two wires) goes to your footwell light under the dash there. The two others, I'm not dead sure, but I think they have some kind of diagnostic function; mine has the same empty plugs in the same place.

• 2 weeks later...

The first one, not sure in the quick look. Possibly a connector for trailer lights. I think I bought a harness from Nissan when I installed my hitch that plugged into the taillight harness and had a plug for the trailer light converter to plug in.

The big black plug is your ALDL(assembly line data link) or otherwise known as your diagnostic port. My Nissan 1 plug fits that one. Newer ones are smaller and either white or pink in color and use the Nissan 2 connector. I am currently using a Snap On Verdict Pro for my diagnostics. Nice as far as non factory scan tools go, but the software updates are pricy. The latest one for mine is $1200.00. My employer does not pay me well enough for me to be getting that one for a while....

Cant recall offhand what the white under dash one is though, I think it might be the ALDL for the ABS.