Gauges and filter relocation recommendation

Hey guys I want to put a voltmeter and oil gauge on the 94... Where is a good sending unit spot for the oil? Also I want to put a oil relocation kit on, but I want one that works with the pacesetter headers... It's a 5 speed if it makes a diff on kit/ location

I have pacesetters and I put my relo kit here

IMG_3375-vi.jpg

mounted on a bracket I made from a 4x4 post anchor

IMG_3365-vi.jpg

and added a drip tray so I don't drown the connectors when I change the filters

IMG_3366-vi.jpg

IMG_3367-vi.jpg

if you want an oil pressure gauge just install the fitting in the stock sender location, I used a mechanical gauge in my sentra, the gauges come with 1/8" nylon tubing but they also have copper and braided SS line, yes you have to run the line into the vehicle with oil in it, some people may not want to do that but I never had a problem with the line on my gauge. I prefer mechanical gauges over electric senders as they tend to be more accurate, but I guess it's owner preference.

I believe the thread on the stock sender is BST (British Standard Pipe Thread)

If you have the altimeter you could always unscrew that and utilise the plastic pod to put gauges in there if they fit. I modified mine, I took out the altimeter and now I have my gps mounted in there. Had to cut a slit in the top of the pod so it, ahem, just slides in there and I can remove it so thieves don't know what was in there to steal. I do eventually want to put a temp guage in there, I've been looking at some cool led gauges.

• 1 year later...

Pretty sure they are different threads, so better research it first.

I'm sure there is a thread here that discusses it/has the info but I don't know exactly where/what and don't have time to search for it right now. :shrug:

B

Yessir you are correct on both aspects.

The threads are different, 1/8 NPT on the Autometer sending unit and 1/8 BSPT on the block.... difference in 1/27 and 1/28 pitch.

And I did find that thread in reference to the adapter...but of course nobody around these parts has one, so its time to order one!