Lift Install Problems

Hey guys- I finally have some time to put my lift and wheels on, but I've run into some problems. I started with the front passenger side yesterday. The bolts on top of the strut were an absolute PITA to get off, but I eventually did succeed. But the bolts that connect the strut to the knuckle will not budge. After 40 minutes of effort, I simply gave up. It's clear that they haven't been touched in 12 years. Anyways, I'm in desperate need of help. If anyone has done it themselves, please throw your input in. Also- bolts on top of the front driver's side strut are in some seriously difficult areas... I'd love some suggestions on how to get those out too. Thanks so much! If pics help I'll be happy to post some.

I've done this job more times than I care to remember; when I installed OMEs, when I switched to ACs, when I added the spacer, when I helped another member do the same. Granted I'm in CA so no major rust to deal with. On the top driver's side you will have to remove the bracket that's in the way. The last time I did mine I didn't remove the bracket completely but loosed the top bolts and bent the bracket just enough to let me undo the top nuts.

For the knuckle bolts, heat them up with a heat gun, tap the bolts with a hammer a bit then spray the whole thing with PB Blaster a few times and let it sit overnight. Do you have access to air tools and impact wrench will typically do the trick otherwise you'll need to use a long breaker bar. Goodluck.

• Like 2

I Installed the 2" AC lift on my 2000 pathfinder this year. 14 years of northeast winters. I used PB blaster and a 1/2 inch drive ratchet with a long pole as a breaker bar. I got lucky and the bolts didn't break. Using heat as Stioc said also helps prevent them to snap. I didn't have a torch handy though. I had no problem with the top bolts. They came off easy. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...