I say goodbye to nissan (for now)

cvdloc

Well, as you guys know my hardbody crapped out and hard wheelin took a toll on the old truck, so I went out a bought myself a 91 Suzuki Samurai.

image-72.jpg

As you can tell it has some work alrighty done, was looking for a DD/wheeler/project. Something that is ready to hit the trails but not to overly done, and tons of room for improvement during the off seasons. This samurai came with SPOA, 32" tires on 15" shoes, warn hubs, warn 8000lbs winch, 6.5:1 low gear, and a couple other goodies. Needs a few things, fail air care because of no cat, new leafs (PO never replaced) and soft top. Otherwise this beast drives great on the road. I have yet to take it wheeling since I have a shake down period where I keep my eye on things, see what needs to be replaced.

Anyways I'm not abandoning nissan, still love em but I don't have the time or place to make my pathy into what I want it to be, but as soon as a nice rust free first gen wd21 pops up on craigslist you better believe I'll grab it.

I just want to thank you guys for helping trouble shoot my rigs and giving helpful advice! I will be back!

That is a pretty cool looking rig you have there! :aok:

You know this community well enough to know that you are always welcome here. Feel free to help new posters to their questions about past issues that you have dealt with and stay in touch man! :)

• Like 1

COngrats on the Sammy! Not as all versatile as a Pathy, but maybe on par with a hardbody? Still, it'll be better out on the trails...

Good luck with it, and with finding that just right Pathy as well.

As was said, no reason to be a stranger so show us some Sammy wheeling picts! (In the Off Topic section of course) :whistle:

B

• 1 month later...

Oh man, grats on that!!! Watching videos of those little Samurai's is what bit me with the off-road bug. My buddy had a Geo Tracker years ago. Little thing was tough. Then I ran across my Pathy for 900 bucks. It served me well for a while.

I woke up this morning and grabbed my tools to do my morning ritual of working on the Pathy and stopped. I think I am calling it quits. It's time to let it go to a younger more eager person. After I finish the brakes this week it is going on Craigslist. I simply don't have the energy anymore.

So sitting at work now cruising the Craigslist ads for Trackers and Samurai's in the 2k range.

Same here man, seeing that one, I feel I've got a Sammy bug nipping at my heels back there somewhere...I can feel it...Great looking little ride and probably just a bit better on gas...except for your low gearing, anyway...Be a fantastic run-a-bout / college town car...