New Member, NZL. Introducing "Te Rino"

G'day everyone,

'92 Terrano Owner from New Zealand. Truck is nicknamed "Te Rino"
Owned her for about 8 months bought her standard and a little beat up on the outside but boasting the cleanest, maintained engine area I've ever seen in an older vehicle.

8 months down the line and this is what she looks like now:
TeRinoApr2014_zps01ad3484.jpg

List of Mods thus far include:
31" Kumho M/Ts

Custom built Snorkel

Top mount intercooler with custom water spray cooling

Boost tap & fuel pump tweaking

Idler Arm Bracing (After bending 2 already I figured it was a worthwhile investment :/ )

Here is a pic of the intercooler install:
2014-02-23170145_zpsdaf89c8f.jpg

And having some fun in the mud:

2014-05-05162028_zpse3df56e8.jpeg?t=1399

• Like 1

Cheers for the kind words everyone. I will be sure to update ya'll on her mods as we go along

:welcome:

Love what you did to him, looks really good.

Keep up updated on the mods, with pics if possible. :)

What intercooler is that? or from what car?

The Intercooler is from an Isuzu Bighorn as is the scoop. Pretty easy to fit really, just hat to replace the flange on intake manifold with straight flange & the other side turned 90degress. 2 bits of silicon pipe and you're all done. Let me know if you wanna see some pics. I think i've got some here somewhere

Isuzu Bighor, we know it by Isuzu Trooper. :laugh:

If you got pics, bring them on, please.

I'm a pic addicted, don't tell anyone :ph33r:

Someday I'll have a Nissan intercooler from the 2.7 TDI, that's my plan because they are easier to find here in Portugal.

Awe yeah .. I'm home now and I too see what the guys are getting excited about. Nice machine you have down there!! :aok:

Thanks mate, She's still a work in progress. But already outdrives a few of the bigger rigs in the club. B)

Does anyone else feel like we got shafted with the missing diesel option. ...no?.... just me then..... okay.

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

My Cousin from Canada was over here for the past 4 months and he thought so too!

Had him in the co-drivers seat on a few trips, needless to say he's gone home with some ideas :laugh:

What I like is the bumper. Most people replace theirs with an aftermarket one that doesn't fit the stock sheet metal. The way yours goes over the stock bumper is a great looking alternative. I'd take that over the stench of a diesel any day.

Ahhh yes. That's one of the latest additions. Steel version of a 93 Navara bullbar. Does a better job than the old chrome nudge bar. Here in NZ 90% of my offroad is in dense bush, so bending used to be an issue

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the water spray over the intercooler. Is that run from the wipers by any chance? :)

Connected up to the headlight sprayer pump (useless things needed a better use for that high pressure pump)

Thanks for the pics. :aok:

Never heard of the water spray on the intercooler, does it really make a difference?

It sprays over the intercooler?

It's basically handy for when you're in the middle of the bush when there's no air flowing over it and you're needing that cool air running to your turbo for that hill climb or bog hole. Definitely helps the boost wind up quicker, gets me up to 15 PSI pretty quick.

+1 on KDJ's comment on the bumper. I was planning to have a local shop fabricate a 3" tube bumper like the old Smittybilt AHardb0dy had on his first pickup, but I may have to rethink that plan now.

It's basically handy for when you're in the middle of the bush when there's no air flowing over it and you're needing that cool air running to your turbo for that hill climb or bog hole. Definitely helps the boost wind up quicker, gets me up to 15 PSI pretty quick.

:lmao: wow, had no idea... really good to know.

:lmao: wow, had no idea... really good to know.

Plus it can give people surprises when the bonnets up and they're looking at it going what's that? (Cue spray) :laugh:

• Like 1

The only bad thing with having the intercooler is look at where the oil fill plug is. You have to take the intercooler off to put oil in. I know this because my Terrano is exactly the same TD27 engine.