Jeep Time?

Fukinitupagain

if it works for you go for it....

I must say, i`m jealous of this engine... We have one with us with our 4x4 group... the sound coming from this is second to none !.... don`t forget to post some pics...

Ho yeah....don`t hydrolock this one too :happy:

• Like 1

IIRC they have some electrical gremlins. JP magazine just did a little article on them.

Not a fan of the ZJ, but whatever works for you. Lots of people aren't fans of wheeling stock Early CJ5s and here I am.

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

Yeah the R50 hasn't been my primary vehicle for a couple of years now (I've been rocking a '99 F350). I can pick up the ZJ for less than $2000 & I'd like to build something to take me into the mountains to go camping & such (the F350 isn't so easy on the lil trails & whatnot). The R50 is in the middle of being transferred into my rockcrawler.

And of course I'll get some picks up before too long of the ZJ & the R50.

Nice to hear from you again! I picked up a '76 CJ5 back in July and use it as my toy now. I have found that I have more fun riding around town with the windshield down than I do off roading with it. I do get a lot of waves from other Jeepers.

So .. no "hate" from me or my beloved R50. :)

No hate here, I love driving my sons' (member 92Path_68CJ) 1968 Jeep CJ5, it is a real kick! Gets lot of positive comments too, but I will always have a Pathy!!!

Enjoy and Good Luck!!

Any hate for samurai? I'm picking up one this week. As for the zj it seems like my friend always has an issue with his steering arm or whatever from the pitman are to the axle, he replaces it yearly, happened on both of his zj's

Well it's a Jeep thing. Cushy interior but Chrysler parts really show outside and mechanically. I was going to get one with the I6 and backed out. Good luck.

Any hate for samurai? I'm picking up one this week. As for the zj it seems like my friend always has an issue with his steering arm or whatever from the pitman are to the axle, he replaces it yearly, happened on both of his zj's

I'd be down with a Sammy. I see more and more Vitaras getting the off road treatment. Kinda cool in my book. Most Sammy's here are either hammered or they want way too much for them.

As for the zj it seems like my friend always has an issue with his steering arm or whatever from the pitman are to the axle, he replaces it yearly, happened on both of his zj's

Track bar on the front axle is a common one to seen worn out, I see that a lot from people who dot like to live/maintain stuff...

As long as the body ain't Swiss cheese and the transmission is in good shape, they usually ain't too bad (local observation at least)