E-brake seized

My truck has been sitting a few weeks, so tonight I start her up and release the parking brake - didn't feel quit right - and could barely move. The sound is nasty, and it feels like I'm towing a bus. It's rear disc. I'm going to have to pull that rotor/drum, but I'm wondering if I'll even be able to that given how brutally stuck this thing is. Any advice?

It might be the brake caliper on one side that has seized. If one of the wheels feel hot after a drive then yeah it's a seized brake caliper, what happens is there's a piston inside and if it doesn't release then your brake pad is going to be on the disc constantly and will wear down. I wouldn't be driving it around much otherwise you'll be up for new disc and brake pad. It cost me $250 to get a rebuilt brake caliper installed and they bled my brakes and refilled with fresh fluid too. Luckily I didn't need new brake pad because I drove it straight to the mechanic who knew what the problem was instantly. Apparently he has been getting a lot of people with seized calipers.

Calipers and brakes look good. The drivers side parking brake is the issue. Rockauto lists cables for the older Nissans, but it's hard to tell of they are for the rear wheel disc. My guess is that this is a dealer item.

Drivers side is shot, passenger side is passable. Removed cables for now, so I can drive it , but time to find some new cables.

Napa has some decent prices on replacement cables, but there cross reference with the Nissan part numbers (36530-42G16 right
36531-42G16 left) do not show the bracket that attaches to the back of the brake hub? Am I missing something here because it does not look like the OEM bracket is removeable or something that you reuse with a new part. My truck is 5spd manual with all wheel disc, and I think this is maybe a cable for trucks with rear drums?

I think I found my answer in the garage forum. Beck/Arnley 0941246 and 0941247 are the ones I need, but I may be able to do a little better with Nissan parts. The drums must have some sort of compression/threaded fitting in the hubinstead of the bracket.

I have all wheel disc too, and I need at least the drivers side cable. Thanks for posting those part numbers. Probably still cheaper than nissan ones.

Of course because I live in canada, I am probably going to get raped on this.

Edited by adamzan

Everythingnissan has a free shipping code "BillyJack"....not sure if it works for Canada though. I ordered up some spare part for the e-brake, new springs, pins, etc. and used this code. The brake shoes themselves look fine. In hind site I could have got the Nissan cables a bit cheaper had I just ordered them from here.

Well, the passenger side cable is tough to find. The vendors that had it listed did not have it in stock and the Dorman replacement part listed is not the right cable. I found one cable from Nissan, but it's expensive. I received the replacement Beck/Arnley driver side cable and it looks good. My passenger side cable is salvageable, so I am going to clean it up and reuse it.