Help A/C just suddenly stopped working.

Stifun

My A/C was working fine last year cold and all settings worked now this past weekend it got a little hot so I try and turn on my Air conditioning and nothing but air comes out.

Also the little green light that usually turns on when you hit the square button does not light up I have checked all the fuses and they are all

fine.

Can you tell me what to look for or what possibly could have happened.

Thanks in Advance.

The next thing to look at after the checking the AC fuse is the AC relay. this is the most common problem related to your issue.

The AC relay is on the passenger side fender in the corner near where the antennea mounts.

It should be blue if it is the original relay and have the part number '25230-C9700' or just 'C9970' stamped on the side of it. You will have to remove it to see that part number on the side.

That relay should also be the same for the horn if my memory is correct. check the part number on the side of it Swap them out and see if the AC comes on. If it does then you found your problem and you need a new relay.

If that doesnt work....

• check to make sure the system has freon. It iwll not come on if there is too much or too little freon.
  • check the switch to make sure it is good.
  • check the AC pressure sensor.
  • check the AC thermister. (sometimes called a thermo amplifier)

Check that the little a/c switch is plugged in at the back. You'll have to undo 4 screws holding your centre console surround then carefully pry the a/c panel off from the side edge with a flat head screwdriver. You'll see where it's connected at the back. To reinstall, push the plug side in first, test to make sure the a/c light lights up, then clip in the other side.

AC in Texas...are you kidding me? I slipped on some ice this morning at the cabin and almost broke my ass! The good news is the blackflies are are out!!! Think I might have swallowed my first 'skeeter of the year.

AC in Texas...are you kidding me? I slipped on some ice this morning at the cabin and almost broke my ass! The good news is the blackflies are are out!!! Think I might have swallowed my first 'skeeter of the year.

I took this picture from my back porch this morning...........

great-desert-under-the-hot-sun.jpg

We'll so far I have tried taking out both Relays by the power antena the Blue ones they were both fine.

Then I took the Interior A/C Console apparat thanks for the Video helped.

But after checking the Power switch everything is fine there too.

Please Help what's next. Desperately need A/C fixed and low on $$$

Thanks.

What is your pressure at? The first thing I check is the freon level and see what the low/high are doing.

Well the Pressure on the Low hose was at 0 put a little freeon in the system and found no change but I did find a Leak on Top of the A/C Compressor below the Intake hose there are two bolts looks holding a bracket to the Compressor they look like 10 or 12mm its leaking from there as I saw a green discharge.

Help please.

OK now we are getting somewhere. The ac is protected by a dual pressure switch. It will turn off the ac system if there is too high or too low of pressure. Fix the leaks first

• 2 months later...

Very happy to report finally have A/C back on the

Pathy. Replaced the A/C dryer and vaccumed and recharged the system.

Currently blowing cold from 46-51 degrees I am extatic.

Now next up is Tint so I can help the A/C stay even colder.

• Like 2

Very happy to report finally have A/C back on the

Pathy. Replaced the A/C dryer and vaccumed and recharged the system.

Currently blowing cold from 46-51 degrees I am extatic.

Now next up is Tint so I can help the A/C stay even colder.

IMHO

A reflective sunshade does wonders for the temp inside when you first get in and your AC system doesnt have to work as hard. It also helps the dashboard last longer.

If your Pathy has a sunroof, you might try putting a shade on it as well. OEM ones are rare, so I just hacked up a cardboard box and hooked it to the stock latches with baling wire, and I think it's actually helping a bit.

I took this picture from my back porch this morning...........

great-desert-under-the-hot-sun.jpg

depending on which station you were listening to it was either 106 or 112 or 115 here in Lake Elsinore yesterday.

Oh another thing run your A/C for about a 1/2 hr every week it helps to keep the seals lubricated