The Big Move: finally... we got it¡

SUPERPOLLO

Awesome story and I am glad you and your beloved truck made it safely. If I ever get to my property close to Taos, we may get to visit? Once more, congratulations on the successful move!

• Like 1

Fantastic story, it's always great to hear these type of car stories, they warm my heart. I have a Terrano too, they are around but you don't see them a lot, maybe a few times a week here and there. From experience of Terrano owners they seem popular in New Zealand, South America, U.K., Spain, France and Indonesia. Congrats on the move!

• Like 1

I'm curious...what exactly is the size and output / capability of the diesel engine of the Terrano? Wouldn't it be the inline 6? Either the RD28 or the TD27? My old Nissan 810 / Maxima had a RD28 I'm pretty sure. You said it was slow and didn't have any power, so was the final drive ratio just really low or what? The video of Tex's truck makes the diesel Terrano look like a monster, it would be the same engine correct?

• Like 1

OK Terranovation you have the most popular engine 89 kw, mine is smaller, only 73 kw¡¡¡ a few first generation terranos have only 73 kw lke mine, second and after generations are all 89 kw or more. and 4 cilinder. This is why I have very good mileage. In the city 35 MPG and highway sometimes I have comproved more than 40 MPG.

In a diesel engine power is very well used in low revs, so they are very good in off-road, mountains, rivers, snow... even don't have powerful engines.

• Like 1

Awesome story and I am glad you and your beloved truck made it safely. If I ever get to my property close to Taos, we may get to visit? Once more, congratulations on the successful move!

Of course we can get to visit¡ Taos is not far away from Rio Rancho, so you can sent me a PM or contact if you are coming¡¡¡

Nice to meet you :D

OK Terranovation you have the most popular engine 89 kw, mine is smaller, only 73 kw¡¡¡ a few first generation terranos have only 73 kw lke mine, second and after generations are all 89 kw or more. and 4 cilinder. This is why I have very good mileage. In the city 35 MPG and highway sometimes I have comproved more than 40 MPG.

In a diesel engine power is very well used in low revs, so they are very good in off-road, mountains, rivers, snow... even don't have powerful engines.

Yeah they are great vehicles to go off roading, I think it's the way the gearing is set up in 4wd and like you said low rpms gets it anywhere. A lot better than some of the new suvs of today on the market. I just wouldn't feel safe going off road in one.
  • Like 1

That's me and the nissan inthe drive way of the house.

Still has the license from Barcelona, I think it's time to change it. Jajajjjj

Thanks everyone, for following my story....

Thousand miles, climbing miuntains

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Haha juajjjj

This is.sure!!! I gave my european gps to a friend who helped.me to do the big move. Now I want someone..... to give me an american

Good lord it's so cool looking, pretty soon you won't be able to drive anywhere without someone wanting to buy your truck, or steal it. Please invest in some vehicle tracking system so some low life doesn't get away with it.

And full coverage insurance shouldn't be too expensive for it, I'd insure the hell out of it. GREAT PIC! Really...I know I'm kinda blowing up here but damn...I like the little cover plate on the back lift gate, the two tone paint is super cool and I like where it says "Nissan Terrano" You've got something really special there...I'd get a vehicle cover for it to protect it from the elements, and prying eyes...and yank the fuel pump fuse every time you parked it somewhere!

I was going to say pull the coil wire but then I remembered it's a diesel...doesn't have a coil or wires! But it's not going anywhere with the fuel pump down.

• Like 1

The Lo Jack isn't for vehicle directions, it's so that if someone steals your truck, you can track it and find it's location via a hidden GPS transmitter that you install permanently on the vehicle, incase it is stolen, you can work quickly to recover it.

• Like 1

Yeahh

You're right. Now I have only the provisional insurance but I have thought about full coverage. Thanks for making me think about. Thanks for sharing with me your opinion about color, needs to be painted

NOOOO!!!!!!!!! I said I like the color! Didn't I? I like the two tone, it's cool! It's unique and looks great, you don't need to do anything to it. Es Ta jueno!

• Like 1

Such an effort bringing here the nissan¡!! Something happens I wold die,!!!! Now that car is a part of me, of my life

Jajajjj I understood you like it the color...

But needs to be painted, was thinking red or blue... but I like it too how it is.

I think I'll paint again the same!!!

You said well Esta bien, esta bueno