2006 Xterra

1987caddy

Hey everyone I found a 06 Xterra 2wd and was wondering if anyone has experience with the newer Nissans? My newest vehicle is a 95 and it's a WD21 so I don't know if reliability is still there. I've looked at other sites but I trust the opinions on this forum above all. Thanks BTW 74k miles and it's a auto

why would you want a 2wd SUV? buy a station wagon or a mini van instead. The Xterra is a great truck, reliable as all hell if looked after but, It's to small to be practical and to hard on gas to be affordable. the only reason to own an SUV is the part time 4x4 function. If you don't need it don't bother.

sorry to sound like an A hole, not my intention. just figured there might be better options available.

Edited by bushnut

Need it to pull my trailer, boat and jet ski. Hard to do with a station wagon or minivan. So the people on this forum with 2wd pathfinders should burn them to the ground and buy a Volvo wagon or Honda Odyssey?

fair enough, towing is a legitimate reason to own a larger vehicle. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Its just that I see so many mall crawlers driving around with only one occupant never being used for their intended purpose not even seeing a gravel road. I talked to an ProX4 Xterra (with dura tracks no less) owner the other day asking how he liked it off road and he admitted to have never even used the 4x4. he bought it because he liked the look and it was a good deal. Maybe I was a little jealous of him.

Sometimes I hate forums, as good conversations require non verbal queues, tone of voice and gestures as well as no time lag to be understood clearly.

I had an 05 Xterra S...if you want to tow its a great truck. Pulls just about anything like its shadow. If you check out YouTube you can see the mentally challenged really push its tow limits.

Just make sure the cats are good on the truck. Pretty common for them to go early and there are quite a few of them...4 if I remember correctly. Also add an axillary tranny cooler...same weakness as earlier Nissans. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers