Tires

Bamajoe

Well it looks like its time for some new tires.. I have a 96 2wd that is my daily driver (+-40miles round trip) all 2 lane road. live on a mile long rough dirt driveway and i don't really do any "real" off roading but don't like being restricted to roads all the time either. I'm looking for something witha little "grab" but not unsuited for pavement.. any suggestions?

Just close your eyes and spin around and put your finger on any one of many great all terrain tires, you almost can't go wrong.

I personally have Cooper Disco AT/3 // but you could also go with the crowd favorite BFG A/T KO, it's a very rugged tire, will last a long time and will take you through anything you'd want to try. // Or you could branch out to Hankook Dynapro ATM, // General Grabber AT2, // a real sexy one is the Nitto Terra Grappler..those are pretty fine. //

And then you could look at the TBC Private types like http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/ those..they're kinda all the same tires as they're owned by what looks like Cooper tire to me and are distributed under different names around the country, and they should be a bit cheaper. I like how some of them look and have used a set of the wild country sports I think. I know there are atleast one or two guys on here that use the Hi-Flys

This should be enough for you to chew on for a while. Here is a neat little resource that I've studied almost as much as the sears lingerie catalogue from 1985:

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/AT-All_Terrains.htm

Edited by gv280z

I have the Mastercraft Courser AXT. They have been great in snow and muddy roads as well as the pavement. They offer a load range C light truck tire, which is something not every tire offers. It's very similar to the Cooper AT/3 that gv280z has. I almost bought the Terra Grapplers. I looked seriously at the Hankook Dynapro ATM, but they only offered P and load range E in the size I wanted (265/75/16).

The Falken Rocky Mountain ATS from Discount Tire I had on my 94 rode really well, very smooth and they seemed to be wearing very good, I never took the PF off road either was all highway use.

Personally I have been really impressed with the Goodyear duratrac, I have them on my Titan and pathfinder. In both c and e ranges. They're quite on the road and perform excellent off road. I also live over a mile off the blacktop, very little gravel stays in the blocks do to rock ejectors built into the tread. Just a opinion from a very satisfied customer. Good luck with your search.

Because I'm so cheap I'm considering these..Posted Image

Accelera AT-75

I can get them mounted and balanced from local tire shop for $98 apiece... You guys ever heard of them?

Looks like they have a good tread pattern for rain and snow, but I don't think it's a good idea to get into much mud or sharp rocks. Just depends on how much you go off road. Great price though.

I love my Geolandars. They'll pretty old (10 years), but they do great off road, and the road noise isn't too bad. I think Yokohoma has a more street friendly version of them and a slightly more off road friendly version. If they still made the exact set I run right now I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

I couldn't be happier with my Treadwright tires, forget atm which tread pattern. $420 shipped to the house for 24/75R16. Didn't cost me much to get them mounted and balanced and they work great in the sand here.