So i went off-roading today...

NIssanBoston

I went off-roading and where i went there were a ton of branches everywhere i was like fskc, too late to turn back now. I drove through them and got teeny sized chips on my windshield, lot of scratches on my passenger fender and semi-scratches on the body, i got home took out the sandpaper and the car spray paint, and did a quick job of spraying over the scratches, accidently got white paint on my front bumper lol. Now just concerned about the look of my pathy lol.

MY question is should i get a new paint job ? or should i just focus on completing my off-roading package , what would you guys do? If i were to go with the paint job how much on avg is it to paint the truck? I'd paint it white because thats what i have right now.

Thanks!

why go off road if you are worried about the paint? scratches and dents mean you use the vehicle for what it's meant for. Off street cred? otherwise you've got a mall crawler. be proud of those dings.

if you are worried about corrosion then by all means buff them out with some wax. but don't expect your truck to look perfect if you use it for what it was made for.

i got home took out the sandpaper and the car spray paint, and did a quick job of spraying over the scratches,

:doh:

Your over reaction probably did more dmage than the trail did.

Wash/wax the truck. Drive it. Buff it when nature's pin striping becomes excessive. Wax it. Drive it, and repeat.

I drove through them and got teeny sized chips on my windshield

Branches chipped your windshield? :scratchhead:

B

• Like 1

I hate dents but I'm not worried about paint.

The way I see it, unless you take the paint off, dont repaint unless it will no longer be an off roading vehicle.

My Jeep's paint is absolute crap rattle can grey from the PO, but I never repainted it because it can get scratched up like crazy and I wont worry.

I'll repaint it when I restore it to stock.

I'm with the other guys here about buffing out the heavy stuff. Besides, I can't tell from your photos if you have the regular white paint or the "Polar Ice" white that mine has. I'm sure that if yours is like mine it would be in the thousands of dollars to respray because of the dual clear coats (two different metal flakes). I was a little shocked the first time I pressure washed La Blanca and discovered very minor body damage and "South Carolina pin stripes" all over her. I shrugged it off then and it still doesn't bother me. I have street cred when I park next to showroom quality mall crawlers. :)

You might consider just plasti dipping the truck for cases where you want it to be somewhat presentable but know you are going to get more scratches and paint chips while trying to save time/money at the same time. pdip is easy to DIY in your garage. You can peel a panel that gets jacked up and just respray it. You can also do touchups with cheap pdip rattle cans in some cases (it's a solvent based product and so re-liquefies when you spray over it). There are kits available that include an Earlex spray gun (electric HVLP) which is also useful to have for other painting projects around the house.